Volume 7 (2013)
Volume 6 (2012)
Volume 5 (2011)
Volume 3 (2009)
Volume 1 (2007)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Future Issues with Robots and Cyborgs by Warwick, Kevin
- Genomics and Public Involvement: Giving Justifications Their Due by Badano, Gabriele
- From ICH to IBH in Biobanking? A Legal Perspective on Harmonization, Standardization and Unification by Tassé, Anne-Marie
- The Ethics of Autonomous Military Robots by Borenstein, Jason
- The Price of Precaution and the Ethics of Risk by Resnik, David B.
Future Issues with Robots and Cyborgs
1University of Reading
Citation Information: Studies in Ethics, Law, and Technology. Volume 4, Issue 3, ISSN (Online) 1941-6008, DOI: 10.2202/1941-6008.1127, January 2011
- Published Online:
In this article, four different practical experiments in robotics and human/machine merger are firstly described and then considered with regard to their ethical implications. Results from the experiments are discussed in terms of their meaning and application possibilities. The article is written from the perspective of scientific experimentation, opening up realistic possibilities to be faced in the future rather than giving conclusive comments on the technologies employed. Human implantation and the merger of biology and technology are key elements.