Journal of the International Association for Semiotic Studies / Revue de l'Association Internationale de Sémiotique
Editor-in-Chief: Danesi, Marcel
5 Issues per year
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR): 0.235
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP): 0.761
ERIH category 2011: INT2
- Submission of Manuscripts
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Editorial Information
- More ...
- Comments (0)
Aims and Scope
Semiotica, the Journal of the International Association for Semiotic Studies, was founded in 1969 and appears in five volumes of four issues per year, in two languages (English and French), and occasionally in German.
Semiotica features articles reporting results of research in all branches of semiotic studies, in-depth reviews of selected current literature in the field, and occasional guest editorials and reports. From time to time, Special Issues, devoted to topics of particular interest, are assembled by Guest Editors.
The publishers of Semiotica offer an annual prize, the Mouton d'Or, to the author of the best article each year. The article is selected by an independent international jury.
The 2014 Mouton d'Or Award has been awarded to Irit Degani-Raz for her article ' "Language as calculus" in Beckett's writing: A new perspective on Beckett's conception of language,' which appeared in Volume 200-1/4 of Semiotica.
Semiotica is a peer-reviewed journal of international scope.
- DE GRUYTER MOUTON
- English, French
- Type of Publication:
Instructions for Authors
Submitting an article for publication
Manuscripts should be submitted online to: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/semi
Contributions should be in English or French. Please also see the Notes aux Auteurs.
Manuscripts should be no longer than 30-35 pages. Submissions which exceed this length will not be considered.
Review articles should be headed 'Review article' and given an appropriate title that is different from the title of the work(s) under review. The title should be followed by an asterisked footnote, placed at the bottom of the first page of text, containing the bibliographical details of the work(s) under review: *Ray Jackendoff, Languages of the mind: Essays on mental representation. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1992.
References to the work under review should be cited by page number alone (e.g., 'p. 16'). Otherwise, the references should conform to the style for articles.
Style. Submissions should be formatted according to the De Gruyter Mouton journal style sheet, especially regarding the proper format for citations and reference entries.
Corrections. Authors are asked to check their manuscripts very carefully before submitting them in order to prevent delays at the proof stage. Especially check in-text citations against listings in the References section, to be sure dates and spelling match, and that all works cited are listed.
Proofs. Authors will receive PDF page proofs for correction which must be returned by dates determined by the publication schedule.
Offprints. Upon publication, authors will receive electronic offprints (in PDF format) of their contribution. Guest editors of special issues will receive complimentary print copies of the issue.
Details on availability and prices of recent back volumes and issues will be provided on request from firstname.lastname@example.org. All volumes of the majority of our journals* with the noted exception of the current volume are being offered by
Schmidt Periodicals GmbH, Bad Feilnbach
Tel.: (+49) 80 64 – 221
Fax: (+49) 80 64 – 557
(* For periodicals not included in this agreement, please refer to the distribution address provided by the link "Back Issues" on the homepage of the periodical.)
Semiotica is covered by the following services:
- CIOS - ComAbstracts
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- De Gruyter - IBR (International Bibliography of Reviews of Scholarly Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- De Gruyter - IBZ (International Bibliography of Periodical Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- EBSCO - Communication Abstracts
- EBSCO - Communication and Mass Media Complete
- EBSCO - TOC Premier
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier - SCOPUS
- ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Gale/Cengage - Academic One File
- Google Scholar
- INIST Institut de l’Information Scientifique et Technique
- Linguistic Bibliography Online
- Linguistics Abstracts Online
- MLA International Bibliography
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Philosophy Documentation Center - Philosophy Research Index
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest - Deep Indexing: Technical Information
- ProQuest - Illustrata: Sociology
- ProQuest - Linguistics & Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA)
- SCImago (SJR)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- Thomson Reuters - Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Thomson Reuters - Current Contents/Arts & Humanities
- Thomson Reuters - Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- Thomson Reuters - Social Sciences Citation Index
- UB Frankfurt - BDSL Bibliographie der deutschen Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft
- UB Frankfurt - BLL Bibliographie Linguistischer Literatur
- UB Frankfurt - OLC Linguistik
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Program in Semiotics and Communication Theory
University of Toronto
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1K7
Book Review Editors
Mariana Bockarova (Coordinator)
Arthur Asa Berger
Per Aage Brandt
Robbie B. H. Goh
Didier Tsala Effa