- Submission of Manuscripts
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Editorial Information
- More ...
- Comments (0)
Journal of Self-Healing Materials was born to offer a valuable solution for publication of original research papers as well as short communications and critical reviews in the field of “smart” materials with self-healing functionality. The wide range of self-healing materials is considered contributing to the interdisciplinary nature of the journal. Examples within the scope of this journal include, but are not limited to:
- re-mendable polymers and polymer composites;
- self-healing coatings including novel active corrosion protection concepts;
- self-repairing concretes and asphalts; self-healing metallic materials;
- ceramics with self-recovery functionality; self-repairing biomaterials;
- theoretical aspects as well as simulation and modeling of self-healing processes;
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
- Journal of Self-Healing Materials is only journal dedicated to publishing original, rigorous, and scholarly contributions in the field of novel “smart” materials which pose self-healing functionality.
- Journal covers wide range of possible self-healing materials from thin coating layers to bulk composites and inorganic materials.
- Open Access articles for all interested readers.
- The journal aims to become the natural publishing option for the emerging field of self-healing materials and a focus for its research community.
- Journal of Self-Healing Materials covers a wide range of interdisciplinary work including all experimental and theoretical aspects of self-healing materials used in a broad range of applications.
- No publication charge for articles published in volumes 2012 and 2013.
- Fast and constructive peer review provided by recognized experts in the field.
- Convenient, web-based paper submission and tracking system.
- High-quality electronic publication technology.
- Immediate online publication of articles.
- Extensive promotion of each published article.
- Free language-correction services for non-English-speaking authors of accepted papers.
- VERSITA Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
Instructions for Authors
Submission to Self-Healing Materials
Please submit your manuscripts to Self-Healing Materials via email to:
Mikhail Zheludkevich, University of Aveiro
Editorial Advisory Board
Idalina Vieira Aoki, Polytechnic School - University of São Paulo, Brazil
Lorenzo Fedrizzi, University of Udine, Italy
Mario G. S. Ferreira, Universidade Aveiro, Portugal
Santiago J. Garcia, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
Theo Hack, EADS Innovation Works, Germany
Anthony Ewart Hughes, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Australia
Aleksandar S. Jovanovic, Steinbeis Advanced Risk Technologies Group, Germany
Tim Muster, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia
Herman Terryn, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Akihiro Yabuki, Hiroshima University, Japan
João Tedim, University of Aveiro, Portugal
Ekaterina Skorb, Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Germany
Manuela Petrova, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
ul. Solipska 14a/1
02-482 Warsaw, Poland
Phone: +48 22 701 50 15