Ed. by Montanari, Franco / Rengakos, Antonios
Editorial Board Member: Bernabé Pajares, Alberto / Billerbeck, Margarethe / Calame, Claude / Hardie, Philip R. / Harrison, Stephen J. / Hinds, Stephen / Hunter, Richard / Kraus, Christina S. / Mastromarco, Giuseppe / Nagy, Gregory / Papanghelis, Theodore D. / Picone, Giusto / Raaflaub, Kurt / Zimmermann, Bernhard
2 Issues per year
Most Downloaded Articles
- The tradition of the Delian problem and its origins in the Platonic corpus by Kouremenos, Theokritos
- Pastoral appropriation and assimilation in Ovid’s Apollo and Daphne episode by Fulkerson, Laurel
- ‘Sordida rura? Pastoral dynamics in the sphragis to Statius’ Siluae’ by Newlands, Carole E.
- Ironic Genre Demarcation: Bacchylides 17 and the Epic Tradition by Skempis, Marios
- Euripides post-modern: “The Alcestis” by Pucci, Pietro
Fragments of Greek lexicography in the papyri
Citation Information: Trends in Classics. Volume 1, Issue 2, Pages 255–297, ISSN (Online) 1866-7481, ISSN (Print) 1866-7473, DOI: 10.1515/tcs.2009.015, December 2009
- Published Online:
In the first part of the article the principal characteristics of the papyrus lexica are fully examined. The second part offers an analysis of the gloss μέλισσαι in P.Oxy. XV 1802 + LXXI 4812, in order to illustrate some of the main problems connected with the exegesis of the lexicographic texts. Finally a detailed list of the papyrus lexica is provided.