- Submission of Manuscripts
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Editorial Information
- More ...
- Comments (0)
Aims and Scope
The International Journal of Turbo & Jet Engines is devoted to cutting edge research in theory and design of propagation of jet aircraft. It serves as an international publication organ for new ideas, insights and results from industry and academic research on thermodynamics, combustion, behavior of related materials at high temperatures, turbine and engine design, thrust vectoring and flight control as well as energy and environmental issues.
In addition, the journal will publish contributions on stealth, vectoring and safety in air, sea and land jet systems. The journal welcomes scholarly research papers, invited review articles, and short communications.
Previously published by Freund Publishing House Ltd.
- Type of Publication:
Instructions for Authors
Submitting an article
... is done electronically by emailing both a PDF file and the source files (LaTeX or Word) to the Deputy Editor. His e-mail is listed in the Editorial Information.
Contributions submitted to this journal must be written in clear and concise English. Only unpublished material can be accepted, and authors may not republish their paper in the same or similar form. The decision on the acceptance is taken after a peer-reviewing procedure. The journal makes no page charges.
... must begin with an abstract of less than 150 words. The abstract must be followed by an appropriate classification according to PACS 2010 (Physics and Astronomy Classification Scheme) and a list of 3 to 6 keywords. The short title for the running head should contain at most 80 characters, spaces inclusive.
Please use only SI units in the text.
Figures must be of sufficiently high resolution (minimum 600 dpi). Authors are encouraged to submit illustrations in color if necessary for their scientific content. Publication of color figures is provided free of charge both in online and print editions.
References should be collected at the end of the paper, numbered with Arabic numerals in alphabetical order of the authors' names and surrounded by square brackets. Please use abbreviations for titles of journals in accordance with those listed in the "World List of Scientific Periodicals" (Butterworth London).
The postal and electronic addresses of all authors should be placed at the very end of the paper
Authors using LaTeX are asked to follow a few basic guidelines while formatting their paper for publication, in order for the journal to be as homogeneous in appearance as possible, and to be as flexible as possible with regards to all macro packages. Please download the class file and the respective sample file including the instructions for formatting. Click here to download the De Gruyter LaTeX Template.
Authors using Word are requested to prepare their manuscript due to the following guidelines:
(1) Make use of Word templates/styles to help insure consistency in your manuscript! It doesn't matter which kind of templates you use – as long as you avoid formatting by hand. E.g., you could use the style "Heading 1" for section headings rather than choosing the font, color, paragraph spacing etc. individually.
(2) You may also define your own styles. E.g., to typewrite the variable x within the text, you may either use the Equation Editor or create an appropriate style "math italic". Both options ensure that the formatting attribute italic remains after the publisher's conversion and final typesetting.
(3) Use the Equation Editor for both inline and displayed formulas. See (2) for exceptions.
(4) Settings for the paper, margins, fonts etc. can be chosen arbitrarily.
Final formatting is however made by the Publisher. So please keep formatting macros to a minimum to make conversion of files more accurate. Do not worry about chapter headings, running titles, bad page breaks etc., and avoid adding extra space and using glue to improve the appearance of the manuscript.
... will be sent to all authors in due time with a request to carefully check them.
... each author will receive a PDF file of the final version for private use only.
International Journal of Turbo & Jet-Engines is covered by the following services:
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastucture)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier - Compendex
- Elsevier - Engineering Village
- Elsevier - SCOPUS
- Google Scholar
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest - Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- ProQuest - Aerospace Database
- ProQuest - Aluminium Industry Abstracts
- ProQuest - ANTE: Abstracts in New Technologies and Engineering
- ProQuest - Ceramic Abstracts/World Ceramics Abstracts
- ProQuest - Civil Engineering Abstracts
- ProQuest - Computer and Information Systems Abstracts
- ProQuest - Copper Technical Reference Library
- ProQuest - Corrosion Abstracts
- ProQuest - Earthquake Engineering Abstracts
- ProQuest - Electronics and Communications Abstracts
- ProQuest - Engineered Materials Abstracts
- ProQuest - Engineering Research Database
- ProQuest - Materials Business File
- ProQuest - Materials Research Database
- ProQuest - Mechanical & Transportation Engineering Abstracts
- ProQuest - METADEX (Metals Abstracts)
- ProQuest - Solid State and Superconductivity Abstracts
- ProQuest - Technology Research Database
- SCImago (SJR)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- TEMA Technik und Management
- Thomson Reuters - Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Thomson Reuters - Science Citation Index Expanded
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Palm Beach, USA
Technion, Haifa, Israel
Technion, Haifa, Israel
Teledyne CAE, USA
General Electric, USA
Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
Special Metals, Materials Technology Group, USA
Central Institute of Aviation Motors, Russia
Garrett Corporation, USA
Pratt & Whitney/GPD , USA
Volvo Flygmotor, Sweden
Indian Institute of Science, India
Youry A. Noznitsky
CIAM, Moscow, Russia
Noel Penny Turbines, UK
Naval Postgraduate School, USA
Rishi S. Raj
The City College of New York, USA
Imperial College, UK
University of Cincinnatti, USA
Boeing Military Airplane, USA
USAF Institute of Technology, Wright Paterson AFB, OH, USA
Allison G.M., USA
Wright State University, Ohio, USA
Chinese Academy of Sciences, Thermophysics, Beijing, China
University of Karlsruhe, Germany