- Submission of Manuscripts
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Editorial Information
- More ...
- Comments (0)
Annales UMCS Sectio C publishes original research articles in English on biological sciences. All manuscripts are reviewed by editors and independent experts.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
- Important source of information from different branches of biological sciences such as botany, zoology biochemistry and ecology,
- Good publishing quality available in both forms, electronic and printed
Over 60 years history of publishing.
- Fair and constructive peer review by experts in the field
- High quality editing and language revision services
- Type of Publication:
Instructions for Authors
General. Annales UMCS Sectio C - Biologia publishes original research papers and review articles on experimental biology, nature preservation, environmental protection, and taxonomical biology as well as reviews, discussions and biographic records. Articles are evaluated at first by the editor and next by a reviewer. When sending an article for publication its authors should declare that it has not been submitted elsewhere. Papers should be written in English and sent in two printed copies and in electronic version. The paper should not exceed 22 printed pages (one printed sheet) including tables, figures, formulae and pictures. Latin words should be written in italics. Use S.I. system only and standard abbreviations of units and symbols. The text of comments, discussion and biographic notes should not exceed 5 printed pages.
Abstracts. Papers should include an abstract, not exceeding 200 words, in which the main points of the paper are summarized.
Text. Follow this order when typing manuscripts: Authors, Affiliations, Title, Abstract in English and Polish, Keywords, List of abbreviations, The main text.
The corresponding author should be identified with an asterisk and footnote. All other footnotes (except for table footnotes) should be identified with superscript Arabic numbers. The main text should be organized in the following order: Introduction, Material and Methods, Results, Discussion or Results together with discussion, Acknowledgements, References.
References. References, given in alphabetical order, should be numbered successively with Arabic numbers. After the names of all authors, together with their initials, year of publication, title of the paper, abbreviated title of the journal, volume number, the first and last pages should be given. References to books should contain the editor’s name, publisher and location as well as the page numbers. The literature in the text is cited according to its number on the list of references.
Rauser W.E. 1999. Structure and function of metal chelators produced by plants. Cell Biochem. Biophys. 31; 19-48.
For the articles in a book:
Woolhouse H.W., Walker S. 1981. The physiological basis of copper toxicity and copper tolerance in higher plants. [In:] Copper in Soil and Plants. J. F. Loneragan, A. D. Robson, R.D. Graham (eds), Academic Press, Sydney, 235-262
Stryer I. 1986. Biochemistry. PWN, Warszawa.
Illustrations. Figures (schemes, formulae, diagrams, pictures) can be included in the text, but if their size is large they should be enclosed on separate sheets and their insertion place in the text should be indicated on the left margin. Subscriptions to figures numbered with Arabic numerals should be listed on a separate sheet. To group pictures a scheme with their numbered persons or objects should be attached on a separate sheet, explaining whom or what the particular numbers represent.
Tables. Tables should be numbered consecutively and imported into text. Footnotes to tables should be typed below the table and should be referred to by superscript lowercase letters. Tables should not duplicate results presented elsewhere in the manuscript (e.g. graphs).
For information please contact: email@example.com
Annales UMCS, Biologia is covered by the following services:
- AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library)
- CABI - AgBiotech News and Information
- CABI - AgBiotechNet
- CABI - Agricultural Economics Database
- CABI - Agricultural Engineering Abstracts
- CABI - Animal Production Database
- CABI - Animal Science Database
- CABI - Biocontrol News and Information
- CABI - CAB Abstracts
- CABI - Crop Physiology Abstracts
- CABI - Crop Science Database
- CABI - Environmental Impact
- CABI - Environmental Science Database
- CABI - Field Crop Abstracts
- CABI - Forest Science Database
- CABI - Forestry Abstracts
- CABI - Global Health
- CABI - Grasslands and Forage Abstracts
- CABI - Horticultural Science Abstracts
- CABI - Horticultural Science Database
- CABI - Nutrition Abstracts and Reviews
- CABI - Nutrition and Food Sciences Database
- CABI - Ornamental Horticulture
- CABI - Parasitology Database
- CABI - Plant Breeding Abstracts
- CABI - Plant Genetic Resources Abstracts
- CABI - Plant Genetics and Breeding Database
- CABI - Plant Growth Regulator Abstracts
- CABI - Plant Protection Database
- CABI - Review of Agricultural Entomology
- CABI - Review of Aromatic and Medicinal Plants (RAMP)
- CABI - Review of Medical and Veterinary Entomology
- CABI - Review of Plant Pathology (RoPP)
- CABI - Seed Abstracts
- CABI - Soil Science Database
- CABI - Soils and Fertilizers
- CABI - Sugar Industry Abstracts
- CABI - Veterinary Science Database
- CABI - Weed Abstracts
- CABI - World Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology Abstracts (WAERSA)
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastucture)
- EBSCO - TOC Premier
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest - Biological Sciences Journals
- ProQuest - Environmental Science Journals
- ProQuest - Illustrata: Natural Sciences
- ProQuest - Natural Sciences Journals
- ProQuest - Pharma Collection
- ProQuest - SciTech Journals
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- Thomson Reuters - Zoological Record
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Ryszard Szczygieł, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Lublin, Poland
Annales UMCS, Sectio C: Biologia
Teresa Jakubowicz, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Lublin, Poland
Editorial Advisory Board
Bożenna Czarnecka, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Lublin, Poland
Antoni Gawron, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Lublin, Poland
Wiesław Mułenko, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Lublin, Poland
Anna Kwaśniewska, Medical University, Lublin, Poland
Anna Tukiendorf, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Lublin, Poland
Language Editor (English)
Jadwiga Branicka, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Lublin, Poland
Language Editor (Polish)
Teresa Dunin, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Lublin, Poland
Antoni Dudek, Lublin, Poland