Volume 9 (2013)
Volume 8 (2012)
Volume 7 (2011)
Volume 6 (2010)
Volume 5 (2009)
Most Downloaded Articles
- The Invisible Violence of Celebrity Humanitarianism: Soft Images and Hard Words in the Making and Unmaking of Africa by Yrjölä, Riina
- Planting the Seeds of Change Inside? Functional Cooperation with Authoritarian Regimes and Socialization into Democratic Governance by Freyburg, Tina
- The Takeoff after Lisbon: The Practical and Theoretical Implications of Differentiated Integration in the EU by Koller, Boglárka
- Mimicking History: The European Commission and Its Education Policy by Petit, Isabelle
- Political Science: Witchcraft or Craftsmanship? Standards for Good Research by Nørgaard, Asbjørn S.
On the Issue of Relations between the E.U. and Eastern European Countries
1Vilnius University, Lithuania, email@example.com
Citation Information: World Political Science Review. Volume 5, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1935-6226, DOI: 10.2202/1935-6226.1067, June 2009
- Published Online:
The aim of this article is to review and evaluate the condition and the development perspectives of the relations between the E.U. and its Eastern neighbors. The problem is analyzed in the context of the recent discussion on the Broader Europe" concept. The current dominant model of the relations between the E.U. and Eastern European countries is described in the article using the circular discourse" and circular interaction" terms. This article is aimed to reveal the initial theoretical and geo/political preconditions that helped this model to become the dominant theoretical and practical approach in the field of E.U.East Europe relations, to uncover the logics of its functioning and the implications of its realization to Lithuania and the other new E.U. member states.