- Submission of Manuscripts
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Editorial Information
- More ...
- Comments (0)
Aims and Scope
The Journal for the History of Modern Theology (JHMTH) is an academic journal. It is intended for theologians, historians, philosophers, scholars of religion and representatives of other academic disciplines.
The journal contains contributions on the history of theology since the Enlightenment. History of theology is understood in the broad sense of the term. To begin with, it is about the critical reflexion of traditional dogmatic and ethical teachings of the individual confessions as they are institutionalized in universities and other institutes of higher learning associated with the various denominations. In addition, the different forms of awareness of faith are examined, for example the (implicit and explicit) theological concepts of religious movements, ecclesiastical groups, associations, etc. In addition to the various directions of Protestant theology and philosophy of religion, theological and religious-philosophical, tendencies in Roman Catholicism and Judaism are considered that reach beyond the history of theology within German-speaking areas. It also includes historical contributions on the development of theology in other European countries as well as in North America.
The contributions are either in English or German. An abstract in the other language respectively provides the reader with a brief summary of the article.
- English, German
- Type of Publication:
Details on availability and prices of recent back volumes and issues will be provided on request from email@example.com. All volumes of the majority of our journals* with the noted exception of the current volume are being offered by
Schmidt Periodicals GmbH, Bad Feilnbach
Tel.: (+49) 80 64 – 221
Fax: (+49) 80 64 – 557
(* For periodicals not included in this agreement, please refer to the distribution address provided by the link "Back Issues" on the homepage of the periodical.)
Journal for the History of Modern Theology / Zeitschrift für Neuere Theologiegeschichte is covered by the following services:
- ATLA Religion Database
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- De Gruyter - IBR (International Bibliography of Reviews of Scholarly Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- De Gruyter - IBZ (International Bibliography of Periodical Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier - SCOPUS
- ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Index Theologicus
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Philosophy Documentation Center - Philosophy Research Index
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- Religious and Theological Abstracts
- SCImago (SJR)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- Thomson Reuters - Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WorldCat (OCLC)
The Revd Dr. Mark D. Chapman
Vice Principal, Ripon College Cuddesdon
Oxford OX44 9EX
Prof. Dr. Friedrich Wilhelm Graf
Institut für Systematische Theologie
Schellingstr. 3/III Vg.
Prof. Dr. Theodore M. Vial, Jr.
Iliff School of Theology
2201 S. University Blvd.
Denver, CO 80210, USA