From Nature to High Performance Tailored Materials
- Overview of essential techniques for the preparation of nanocellulose and its chemical modification
- Rheological behavior of nanocellulose suspensions and self-assembly
- Processing methods for nanocellulose-based nanocomposites
- Description of the thermal, mechanical, swelling and barrier properties of nanocellulose-based nanocomposites
- Full color illustrations
Aims and Scope
This specialist monograph provides an overview of the recent research on the fundamental and applied properties of nanoparticles extracted from cellulose, the most abundant polymer on the planet and an essential renewable resource. Given the rapid advancements in the field and the high level of interest within the scientific and industrial communities, this timely book will be required reading for all those working with nanocellulose in the life sciences and bio-based applications, biological, chemical and agricultural engineering, organic chemistry and materials science. The author pioneered the use of cellulose nanoparticles (cellulose nanocrystals or whiskers and cellulose microfibrils) in nanocomposite applications.The book combines a general introduction to cellulose and basic techniques with more advanced chapters on specific properties and applications of nanocellulose.
- xv, 460 pages
- Type of Publication:
- Specialist Text
- Cellulose; Nanocomposite Materials; Nanotechnology; Wood Chemistry
MARC recordMARC record for eBook
"All in all, the book provides an indispensable resource for the growing number of scientists and engineers interested in the preparation and applications of nanocellulose."
Derek Gray, McGill University