Binnewies, Michael / Glaum, Robert / Schmidt, Marcus / Schmidt, Peer
Chemical Vapor Transport Reactions
- A comprehensive treatment of chemical vapor transport reactions
- An indispensable synthesis method for the solid-state chemist
- An important method for producing single crystals for crystal structure analysis; applications in halogen lamp lighting, metal purification and material coating
- Clearly structured overviews and detailed tables
- Additional information on thermodynamic data, modeling possibilities, work techniques and selected experiments related to the topic of chemical transport
Aims and Scope
This comprehensive handbook covers the diverse aspects of chemical vapor transport reactions from basic research to important practical applications. The book begins with an overview of models for chemical vapor transport reactions and then proceeds to treat the specific chemical transport reactions for the elements, halides, oxides, sulfides, selenides, tellurides, pnictides, among others. Aspects of transport from intermetallic phases, the stability of gas particles, thermodynamic data, modeling software and laboratory techniques are also covered. Selected experiments using chemical vapor transport reactions round out the work, making this book a useful reference for researchers and instructors in solid state and inorganic chemistry.
- xiv, 628 pages
- Zahlr. Abb. und Tab. 1 Frontispiz
- Type of Publication:
- Specialist Text
- Solid State Chemistry; Chemical Vapor Reactions; Synthetic Methods; Chemical Engineering; Crystal Growth.