[Pschyrembel Nursing Care]
Ed. by Wied, Susanne / Warmbrunn, Angelika
- Each subject area has been fully updated in this edition, including all the entries on legal regulations.
- New terms such as “Pflegestützpunkt”, fast track, IDA, PEMU, “Neues Begutachtungsassessment”, e-learning and much more.
- New subject area for medicinal plants including information about effectiveness, fields of application and dosage for teas and ointments.
- New and improved illustrations.
- Explanations of medical terminology.
- English translations of key terms.
- Appendix of current professional standards (fall prophylaxis, bed sore prophylaxis, pain management, care for patients with chronic wounds, patient discharge management, nutrition management and promoting urinary continence).
Aims and Scope
Compiled by working caregivers and scientists in accordance with Pschyrembel’s high quality standards, Pschyrembel Nursing Care explains all pertinent terminology related to nursing care technology, nursing care devices, nursing science, and nursing management, as well as psychological and legal issues that arise in daily nursing care. This volume also includes clinical signs and complications frequently encountered by caregivers working with patients and others requiring care.
All the answers to practical and organizational questions are provided in this reference work for
- caregivers (healthcare professionals, nurses for adults as well as children, geriatric nurses and midwives).
- For trainees and students in nursing professions as well as nursing scientists
- For managers and teachers in nursing schools as well as relatives providing care.
All aspects of professional nursing care are discussed in the context of recent developments in the field. Pschyrembel Nursing Care is unique in its focus on the nursing care environment in German-speaking countries.
- 22.7 x 15 cm
- x, 935 pages
- 220 Fig. 100 Tables
- Type of Publication:
- Medicine/Dictionary; Health Care Management; Health Care Technics
- Caregivers, Trainees in Nursing Professions, Nursing Sciences Students, Managers and Teachers in Nursing Schools, Relatives Providing Care
"Das einzige Nachschlagewerk zum Thema professionelle Pflege. Umfassend und leicht verständlich [...]."
Literatur-Report online 7-10/2007