Ökonomie, Recht, Sucht
Ed. by Gebhardt, Ihno
Series:De Gruyter Handbuch
- Takes into account the new legal situation concerning the German gambling industry on the basis of the resolutions concluded by the heads of state governments in March/April 2011
- Expanded to include chapters on Great Britain, the USA, the People’s Republic of China, Taiwan and Hong Kong, Macau and other Asian regions
- Takes an interdisciplinary approach to the economic and legal issues as well as the research findings regarding the addiction to gambling
- The publisher and authors are renowned academics, practicing economists, attorneys and experts on addition
Aims and Scope
With its decision on 8 September 2010 the European Court of Justice (ECJ) specified the Community law-based framework conditions for the gambling sector in Germany: federal and state legislators are obliged to develop a set of regulations, which fulfill the European legal coherency requirement.
Gambling monopolies, through which private gambling service providers are excluded from the German gambling market, are justified by the goals of preventing and combatting the addiction to gambling. In addition to economic and legal issues, research findings regarding the addiction to gambling remain a focus of interest. Renowned scientists and practitioners comprehensively analyze the gambling sector in Europe, the USA and Asia and offer the reader both an idea of the historical dimensions and of the significance of gambling for the individual and society as a whole.
- Approx. 900 pages
- Type of Publication:
- Reference Work
- Jurists, Judges/Courts, Physicians, Psychologists/Psychiatrists, Hospitals, Information Centers, Ministries, Gambling Companies, Bookmakers, Police, Academics, Institutes, Libraries