Handbuch der Kunstzitate
Malerei, Skulptur, Fotografie in der deutschsprachigen Literatur der Moderne
[Handbook of Art Quotations]
Ed. by Fliedl, Konstanze / Rauchenbacher, Marina / Wolf, Joanna
- first systematic description of art quotations in modern German literature
- clear entries with information and comments on important text passages and images of the art works
- based on material from a wide range of authors (250 modern German language authors)
- extensive index
Aims and Scope
This handbook provides a documentation of art quotations in modern literary texts. An ‘art quotation’ is defined as a reference to a real art work, either by naming, description or allusion. Lexicon-like contributions present the individual ‘galleries’ of 250 German language authors. Exemplary text passages are specified, the corresponding art works are depicted, and the primary and secondary literature is listed. An index provides information about the frequency with which specific art quotations were used in literary history. This book makes a wealth of empirical material systematically available for the first time - both for literary and art scholarship.
Published with support of the Fonds zur Förderung der wissenschaftlichen Forschung.
- xxii, 966 pages
- Type of Publication:
- Reference Work
- Modern Literature; Intermediality; Reception of Art
- Academics, Libraries, Institutes