Blana, Hubert / Ott, Tobias
Handbuch für Gestaltung, Kalkulation und Produktion gedruckter und digitaler Medien
[The Production. A Guide to Design, Technology and Calculation in Print and Digital Media]
- The standard reference work for publishers, the book trade and the graphic design industry in its 5th revised edition
- Introduction to the basics of typography, modern production technology and the most used calculation models
- Provides a detailed job profile of the production manager
- New content: XML, eBooks, publishers' websites, representation of workflows and numerous checklists
Aims and Scope
For almost 30 years now, Die Herstellung (“The Production”) has been a standard reference work in the realms of publishing, book trade and graphic design. It covers classical production work, basics of typography, production technology and calculation, as well as current developments in the fields of conventional and electronic publications, such as eBooks, CD-ROMs and online publications. Includes a new chapter on XML in publishing. It also provides a detailed job profile of the production manager's profession.
- approx. 464 pp., about 340 partly four-colour ill.
- DE GRUYTER SAUR
- Type of Publication:
- Publishing; Book Trade; Graphic Design; Book Production
- Students (Book Trade, Publishing, Book Studies), Libraries, Graphic Design Companies, Publishers