Nietzsche - Macht - Größe
Nietzsche - Philosoph der Größe der Macht oder der Macht der Größe
[Nietzsche - Power - Grandeur]
Ed. by Caysa, Volker / Schwarzwald, Konstanze
Series:Nietzsche Heute (2)
- Title of the new series Nietzsche Heute/Nietzsche Today
- Exciting controversies between analytic and Continental philosophy
- Ebook contains videos of performances, e.g. by Jonathan Meese
Aims and Scope
The topic of “grandeur” is found throughout Nietzsche’s corpus. Nietzsche problematizes the term with adjectives like “grand reason,” “grand health,” “grand politics,” or “grand afternoon.” Moreover, the idea is also contained in metaphors like “the eternal return of the same,” the “overman,” the “will to power,” the “arrow of longing,” or “lightening striking.” For Nietzsche, there is no grandeur without a sense of the small, and criticism of the most subtle details indicates a comming grandeur.
The contributions to this collection are dedicated to the themes of Nietzsche/Power/Grandeur from philosophical, political, historical, aesthetic, and cultural studies perspectives.
- xvi, 505 pages
- Type of Publication:
- Cultural Criticism; Cultural Studies; Art; Nietzsche, Friedrich; Philosophy
- Academics, Institutes, Libraries