Humor Research [HR]
Ed. by Raskin, Victor / Ruch, Willibald
- Vol. 9: The Language of Comic Narratives (2008)
- Vol. 8: The Primer of Humor Research (2008) Ed. by Raskin, Victor
- Vol. 7: Good Humor, Bad Taste (2006)
- Vol. 6: Humorous Texts (2001)
- Vol. 5: The Basic Humor Process (1998)
- Vol. 4: Jokes and their Relations to Society (2012)
- Vol. 3: The Sense of Humor (2010) Ed. by Ruch, Willibald
- Vol. 2: Techniques of Satire (2013)
- Vol. 1: Linguistic Theories of Humor (1994)
Aims and Scope
Closely associated with HUMOR: International Journal of Humor Research, this book series offers an international multidisciplinary forum for the publication of high-quality book-length manuscripts on humor as an important and universal human faculty. HUMOR RESEARCH draws upon a wide range of academic disciplines ranging from advertising and anthropology to linguistics, medicine, philosophy to sociology and women's studies. At the same time, HUMOR RESEARCH often sheds light on the basic concepts, ideas, and methods of many of these disciplines.
The series invites original contributions in the following areas:
- inter- and multidisciplinary humor research
- studies of humor theory
- studies of humor research methodologies
- applications of one or more disciplines to the study of humor and vice versa
- studies of humor technology.
While there is a clear preference for sole authored and co-authored monograph-style manuscripts, highly selective collections of articles by different authors will also be considered. Inquiries regarding the submission of manuscripts should be sent to the series editors.
HUMOR RESEARCH is a peer-reviewed series of international scope.
- DE GRUYTER MOUTON