linguae & litterae
Publications of the School of Language and Literature Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies
Ed. by Auer, Peter / Essen, Gesa von / Frick, Werner
- Vol. 23: Entsagung und Routines (2013) Ed. by Baßler, Moritz
- Vol. 22: Arthur Schnitzlers intertextuelles Erzählen (2013)
- Vol. 21: Realisms in Contemporary Culture (2013) Ed. by Birke, Dorothee / Butter, Stella
- Vol. 20: Interaction and Mobility (2013) Ed. by Haddington, Pentti / Mondada, Lorenza / Nevile, Maurice
- Vol. 19: Nachkriegsmoderne (2013)
- Vol. 18: Prosody and Embodiment in Interactional Grammar (2012) Ed. by Bergmann, Pia / Brenning, Jana / Pfeiffer, Martin / Reber, Elisabeth
- Vol. 17: Dialectological and Folk Dialectological Concepts of Space (2012) Ed. by Hansen, Sandra / Schwarz, Christian / Stoeckle, Philipp / Streck, Tobias
- Vol. 16: Comic und Literatur: Konstellationen (2012) Ed. by Schmitz-Emans, Monika
- Vol. 15: Griechenland-Imaginationen (2012)
- Vol. 14: Wissensformen und Wissensnormen des ZusammenLebens (2012) Ed. by Ette, Ottmar
- Vol. 13: Linguistic Complexity (2012) Ed. by Kortmann, Bernd / Szmrecsanyi, Benedikt
- Vol. 12: Counterfactual Thinking - Counterfactual Writing (2011) Ed. by Birke, Dorothee / Butter, Michael / Köppe, Tilmann
- Vol. 11: Zahlen, Zeichen und Figuren (2011) Ed. by Albrecht, Andrea / Essen, Gesa von / Frick, Werner
- Vol. 10: Literatur-Comics (2012)
- Vol. 9: Unnatural Narratives - Unnatural Narratology (2011) Ed. by Alber, Jan / Heinze, Rüdiger
- Vol. 8: Figurenwissen (2012) Ed. by Jappe, Lilith / Krämer, Olav / Lampart, Fabian
- Vol. 7: Imagination und Animation (2011)
- Vol. 6: Constructions (2011) Ed. by Auer, Peter / Pfänder, Stefan
- Vol. 5: Visuelle Evidenz (2011) Ed. by Becker, Sabina / Korte, Barbara
- Vol. 4: Literatur und Wissen (2010) Ed. by Köppe, Tilmann
- Vol. 3: Körper, Gehirne, Gene (2010)
- Vol. 2: Epistemologische Fiktionen (2010)
- Vol. 1: Auswandern in die Moderne (2010)
- Deixis in der face-to-face-Interaktion (2013)
- Linguistic Perspectives on Space (2013) Ed. by Auer, Peter / Hilpert, Martin / Stukenbrock, Anja / Szmrecsanyi, Benedikt
Aims and Scope
The linguae & litterae series, edited by Peter Auer, Gesa von Essen and Werner Frick, documents the research activities of the School of Language and Literature of the Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS). These research activities in literary studies and linguistics are characterized by an approach that is theoretically and methodologically “state of the art” and interdisciplinarily open.
In linguistics the accent is on the corpus-based, quantitative and qualitative investigation of language; in literary studies the focus is on the comparative, transdisciplinary analysis of literary phenomena in their cultural contexts. At the same time the series deals with the productive interfaces and synergies between modern linguistics and literary studies (as well as the humanities, social and natural sciences with which they interact). It seeks a new, contemporary reformulation of the humanities research curriculum and its problem and concept orientation for the future.
The series has a clear international orientation - each volume is multilingual, containing German, English and French contributions and, depending on the volume, articles in Italian or Spanish as well. Each individual volume is peer reviewed by an international editorial board.
Each year 2-4 volumes are published.