Germanische Altertumskunde Online
Kulturgeschichte bis ins Frühmittelalter - Archäologie, Geschichte, Philologie
[Old Germanic History Online: European Cultural History until the High Middle Ages]
Ed. by Beck, Heinrich / Brather, Sebastian / Geuenich, Dieter / Heizmann, Wilhelm / Patzold, Steffen / Steuer, Heiko
One-time purchase of base content (RRP), subsequently annual update fee for new content
Last updated on 25.06.2018Product information
The new Online Reference Germanische Altertumskunde Online (GAO) provides a unique research medium representing the current state of knowledge of Old Germanic History, which includes Germanic and Northern European cultural history from the subject areas of history, archeology, art history, legal history, ethnology and religious studies.
This Online Reference Work contains the complete data of the Reallexikon der Germanischen Altertumskunde and the 70 supplementary volumes which have been published to date. The entire Online Reference Work is easy to search using different criteria. Germanische Altertumskunde Online offers:
- Linking of the content of the lexicon and the monographs and articles
- Linking of the images with the texts; scalable images
- Search: full text and according to register entries over the entire Online Reference or selected units
- An independent and up-to-date overall bibliography on the topic with links to the data
With the GAO you can find all relevant information on a topic by means of a simple and intuitive search on a single platform.
The GAO is supplemented every year. Besides the monographs, essays and collective volumes published during the year, the updates include
- New lemmata of the Reallexikon
- Updates of existing articles
- Updates and annotation of the bibliographical data
This Online Reference Work provides scientists with a platform which always represents the current state of knowledge and which offers unique features for research.