De Gruyter Open Asscociate Editor
For our De Gruyter Group member De Gruyter Open we are currently seeking freelancers as
for pioneering Open Access Books in our publishing programs
- Agriculture and Forestry,
- Computer Science,
- History and Archaeology,
- Life Sciences,
- Psychology or
The role would be a home office-based, starting at the earliest possible date.
The Associate Editor will have the following duties in one of the mentioned publishing programs:
- Research and identification of book topics with strong sales potential and recruiting experiences with competent authors
- Identification of potential new authors and develop working relationships with them
- Request for proposals from potential authors; investigation of the quality of the proposals
- Meet with and liaise reviewers including the presentation of proposals to De Gruyter Open
- Assist De Gruyter Open in evaluating book proposals and manuscripts
- Review of final manuscripts; seeking assistance from reviewers, if needed
The Associate Editor will have the following qualifications:
- An academic degree: Ph.D. in one of the above mentioned disciplines
- Experiences as researcher or in the academic field of one of the above mentioned disciplines
- Publishing experiences, preferably in the acquisition of editorial book programs or similar practical qualifications
- A thorough insight and full understanding of all aspects of publishing
- Good and numerous relationships in the scientific community in the relevant field
- Fluent spoken and written English, other languages would be an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications and internet proficiency
- Excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills
- Requirements: home computer and internet connection
We can offer…
- An exciting professional challenge with one of the most successful academic publishers in Europe on a freelance basis.
- An unique opportunity to acquire experience and understanding of professional scientific publishing.
- A compensation based on the number of books published.
- An attractive part time job.
Associate Editors have the unique opportunity to acquire experience and understanding of professional scientific publishing. Their profiles will be added to the list of Editors on our website, their names will be listed among the editors in the book’s credits and they will receive a free copy of the book they have worked on.
Candidates interested in the position are requested to send their CV and list of publications (both documents in English) to one of the following email addresses, depending on the subject field:
- Agriculture and Forestry: hr14 [ at ] degruyteropen.com
- Chemistry: hr8 [ at ] degruyteropen.com
- Computer Science: hr22 [ at ] degruyteropen.com
- Engineering: hr29 [ at ] degruyteropen.com
- Geosciences: hr31 [ at ] degruyteropen.com
- History and Archaeology: hr18 [ at ] degruyteropen.com
- Life Sciences: hr7 [ at ] degruyteropen.com
- Linguistics: hr27 [ at ] degruyteropen.com
- Mathematics: hr11 [ at ] degruyteropen.com
- Medicine: hr24 [ at ] degruyteropen.com
- Philosophy: hr19 [ at ] degruyteropen.com
- Physics: hr10 [ at ] degruyteropen.com
- Psychology: hr17 [ at ] degruyteropen.com
- Theology: hr13 [ at ] degruyteropen.com