Inside Sales Manager in Boston
The independent academic publisher De Gruyter can look back at a history of over 260 years. The De Gruyter Group, which includes the publishing houses of De Gruyter Akademie Forschung, Birkhäuser, De Gruyter Mouton, De Gruyter Oldenbourg, De Gruyter Saur, and De Gruyter Open, publishes over 1,300 new titles each year in the humanities, medicine, natural sciences, and law, more than 700 journals, and a variety of digital media. The company is headquartered in Berlin, Germany. De Gruyter is targeting abitious growth through sales of new product types and innovative business models, especially in international markets. http://www.degruyter.com/
We are currently seeking a full-time
Inside Sales Manager
for the Americas sales area to begin working full-time at the earliest possible date at our Boston office.
In this position you will work independently to expand and further develop our journal and other products sales activities in the Americas regional territory.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Expanding and managing sales of our journal and other product portfolio by serving existing and new customers;
- Presenting and selling the entire journal product catalogue in the academic library market via e-mail and telephone as well as documenting and reporting on the sales process;
- Independently planning, organizing, and implementing our complete journal sales process, including presentation, proposal preparation, contract conclusion, and order processing via telephone and internet;
- Strategic collaboration in expanding the company’s market position and in identifying potential new products and customers in the academic library market;
- Close cooperation with regional sales colleagues as well as editorial and customer service departments.
What you should offer:
- Professional sales experience along with know-how in the publishing industry, library sector
- Familiarity with academic journals and online products for the academic market
- Total commitment to service and solid negotiating skills
- Strategic thinking for the independent management of your regional customer territory
- Presentation skills along with good communication and analytic abilities
- Flexibility, resilience, reliability, and a strong capacity for teamwork;
- Good MS Office skills (especially Excel) and internet expertise, and ideally, some experience with the publishing software Klopotek and with CRM systems;
- MLS preferred
- Candidates fluent in Spanish or Portuguese preferred
What we can offer you:
- An exciting professional challenge at a leading innovator in the publishing industry
- An attractive salary, opportunities for professional development, flexible working hours, and comprehensive benefits
- Working together with congenial colleagues in an international business environment.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send your application documents (citing reference number 16065INC and including information about your salary requirements and possible starting date) via e-mail to Dana Schenk, HR Manager, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.