Your Journal Article
Want to publish an article with De Gruyter? You’ve come to the right place. This section of the website explains each step of the publication process.
More than 900 journals in 29 subject areas
From Ancient Studies to Zoology - De Gruyter covers a wide range of disciplines.
All information in one place
On our website you can browse our portfolio by subject area. On the subpages of the respective journal you will find the current Impact Factor as well as further information about the journal. To our journals.
You want to publish in a magazine? Here you will find all information before publication.
Please note our guidelines below for preparing and formatting your manuscripts.
In the phase between submission and publication, your article is carefully reviewed.
Your article has been published! What do you need to know?
In order to make our authors' publications known, we rely on a variety of communication channels.
We are experts in the fields of abstracting and indexing as well as social media and offer you with our website a platform that can be used for marketing activities as well as for sales.
Our international sales team is spread throughout regional offices all over the globe. Our professional expertise in the market and first-class customer contacts allow us to offer academic content ideally suited to the needs of target audiences.
De Gruyter maintains strategic distribution partnerships with internationally renowned publishers such as Harvard University Press, Princeton University Press, and Penn Press. These help to expand our portfolio, as well as further increase its appeal with additional top-class content.
Increase the visibility of your work
De Gruyter cooperates with service providers such as Kudos, Altmetrics, ORCID, and FundRef to increase the visibility of your work. Discourse is born of communication – every network starts with a single conversation. Whether create an author profile on Amazon, inform on social media platforms, or write interesting blog posts, you can use these free tools to gain awareness for your title in the relevant community. We will help you along the way with practical guides and tips.
Keep track of what is written about you and your work on the Internet.
Get active on social media platforms and you can discover new research partners, as well as be in touch with your readers.
Facebook author pages
Facebook author pages can be used to create a forum for your own research – a first step toward exchanging knowledge with students and researchers around the globe.
Amazon Author Central
Create an author profile on Amazon, the largest online bookstore in the world, and you can share the very latest information about you and your books.
Search engine optimization (SEO)
Ensure from the outset that your work is easier to discover online.
Increase your visibility by writing blogs.
De Gruyter will work with Kudos to further promote your journal article. Kudos offers you the opportunity to explain and augment the content of your article, as well as promoting it and measuring its influence on social media. Register for free right now at www.growkudos.com.
Learn more: Guide for Authors: Kudos (PDF)
Your benefits as an author
Professional project management
Professional project management
Skilled and experienced colleagues from the Journal Management and Development Team will support and assist you all the way from manuscript submission through to publication of your article.
- We guarantee quick and high-quality production.
- Each publication is digitally available. This access will be safely ensured in the future, too, thanks to our long-term archiving of all digital content in the form of back-up copies at the service providers’ end.
- To ensure that your content can be clearly referenced, we will assign you a digital object identifier (DOI) and index the publication’s metadata. This way, the works can be accessed via well-established online research tools, such as the Library of Congress, German National Library, Crossref, Google, and abstracting and indexing (A&I) services.
- When users search these services with certain criteria, they will be shown the relevant articles, chapters, or books with metadata, abstracts, and a link to the full text.
- As a journal contributor, you will receive 20% off personal subscriptions to journals and individual issues from your publisher.
- Want to publish your book through the open access (OA) standard? We are here to help. According to the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB), De Gruyter is one of the largest independent academic publishers in the world for open access publications. We have a highly effective infrastructure, and offer a variety of open access models.
- Click here to learn more about our open access portfolio.
- Transparent peer-to-peer marketplace by Peerwith for a wide range of editorial services
- Find subject-matter experts who can supprt you in preparing your manuscript for submission.
- Click here for editorial services