Marketing / Author Services
INCREASE YOUR VISIBILITY!
Building an author profile enables you to promote your books and journal articles more easily, and raises awareness among researchers around the world. There are now many free tools and services helping you.
As part of our author services, we are creating a series of guides and resources free of charge to help you make the most of the tools available for developing and managing your online presence.
Make use of our guides for authors free of charge on:
- Track what people are saying about your work: Google Alerts helps you track what people are saying about you or your work online
> How to get started: Guide for Authors: Google Alerts (PDF)
- Use social media channels and connect and interact with your readers or find Research Partners, e.g. Facebook Author pages enable you to create a forum for your research and engage with students and researchers around the world
> How to get started: Guide for Authors: Facebook Author Page (PDF)
- Amazon Author Central: Set up a profile on Amazon, the world's biggest online bookstore, and create your own author page where you can bring together and promote all the books you have written
> How to get started: Guide for Authors: Amazon Central Page (PDF)
- Search engine optimization (SEO): By using SEO you can significantly increase the discoverability of your research online!
> How to get started: Guide for Authors: SEO in 4 easy steps (PDF)
- Join or build communities and discussion Forums
- Register to use Kudos and increase your impact: This free author service enables you to promote, explain and enrich your published journal articles
> How to get started: Guide for Authors: Kudos (PDF)
With more guides being added regularly, we are committed to helping you as you build your profile.
WORKING IN PARTNERSHIP WITH US
A strong online author profile makes it easier for people to find your work. It also improves the impact of the promotions we run for your publications. Your online profile complements and supports our sales and marketing teams as we ensure the worldwide exposure and availability of your work.
Our activities include:
- Direct marketing to readers (e.g. through newsletters, emails and events)
- Promotion through the world’s major bookstores, online resources and key library suppliers
- Our abstracting and indexing services, which are used by researchers and libraries around the world
- An active social media presence and regular promotion though our website
- Promotions and relationship-building with librarians and institutions
- Distribution deals with internationally renowned publishing houses such as Harvard University Press, Princeton University Press and Penn Press, ensuring an even wider global audience for your work.