- Why publish with De Gruyter?
- toggleInformation for Authors
- toggleFor Societies
- De Gruyter Open Books
- De Gruyter Open Journals
- toggleDe Gruyter Open Book Announcements
- toggleDe Gruyter Open Article Highlights
- toggleDe Gruyter Open Access Topical Issues
Article Processing Charges
Publication in the majority of De Gruyter Open journals is without any costs to authors.
In those cases, publishing costs are borne by the journal owner rather than by the author.
If you want to submit a manuscript to one of the journals available at De Gruyter Open, please visit the journal webpage and check if the journal charges publication fees.
On the other hand, De Gruyter Open journals published in the author-pays model apply Article Processing Charges (APCs), which are paid for by the author’s affiliate institution or another funding body.
The amount of the APC depends on the journal and should be checked before submitting a manuscript. Each charging journal has a special waiver policy for authors from low income countries. Waivers are also granted on case-by-case basis.
CURRENTLY PUBLICATION FEES ARE CHARGED IN THE FOLLOWING JOURNALS:
ARTICLE PROCESSING CHARGE (*)
|Analysis and Geometry in Metric Spaces||€ 1.000|
|Dependence Modeling||€ 1.000|
|Open Life Sciences||€ 1.500|
|Open Chemistry||€ 1.000|
|Open Geosciences||€ 1.000|
|Open Mathematics||€ 1.000|
|Open Medicine||€ 1.500|
|Open Physics||€ 1.000|
|Special Matices||€ 1.000|
|Translational Neuroscience||€ 1.500|
(*) Fees are subject to VAT (value added tax) payments, if applicable.
De Gruyter Open is aware that some of authors may not have appropriate funds in place. That is why we offer a generous system of waivers.
- The main objective of open access is to provide free access for users who otherwise cannot afford to pay subscription fees. The same principle applies to authors. Manuscripts with majority of authors affiliated in the countries with low per-capita incomes (low-income and lower middle-income, according to World Bank classification) are entitled to apply for waivers in all De Gruyter Open journals.
- To show our appreciation all Editors of the journals are granted 15% discount on the publication charges.
- De Gruyter Open will sign agreements with universities and research institutions to secure funding for authors affiliated with those institutions. Such institutional membership will entitle authors to 15% discount in APC or 20% discount under consortia offers.
All other authors are eligible to apply for waiver as well. All applications will be considered case by case. The final decision will always be at the discretion of the Editors.