De Gruyter Oldenbourg is continuing the long tradition of one of oldest publishers of textbooks and journals in the computer science. With our well-established German-language textbooks by renowned authors, some of which have associated sets of exercises, we are one of the highest-profile publishers of IT literature.
We keep up-to-date with developments in teaching, research and practice with our regular new editions and updates, as well as our new titles on current topics.
Computer science has an impact on almost all other academic subjects. Accordingly, our current titles also reflect interdisciplinary subjects such as bioinformatics and health informatics – in both German and English.
Our authors work in both teaching and industry, and thus combine a practical focus with an academic foundation. This ensures that our range is of interest to a broad audience.
- Renowned authors
- Well-established textbooks
- Regular updates
- Interdisciplinary topics
- Practice-oriented titles for teaching and self-study
- The very latest research and teaching in both German and English
- Fundamentals of computer science
- Data processing and databases
- Human-machine interaction
- Software development
- Programming and programming languages
- Artificial intelligence
- IT security
- Computer architecture and operating systems
- Prof. Claudia Eckert, Head of the Chair for IT Security at the Technical University Munich, Director of the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied and Integrated Security (AISEC), author of the book IT-Sicherheit
- Prof. Alfons Kemper, Chair of Database Systems III at the Technical University Munich, Fellow of the German Informatics Society, co-author of the book Datenbanksysteme
- Prof. Hartmut Schmeck, Head of the Institute of Applied Informatics and Formal Description Methods (AIFB) at the Karlsruhe Institute for Technology, Director at the FZI Research Center for Information Technology in Karlsruhe, co-editor of our journal it - Information Technology, co-author of 100 Übungsaufgaben zu Grundlagen der Informatik, Vols. I-II
- Prof. Michael Herczeg, Head of the Institute for Multimedia and Interactive Systems at the University of Lübeck, co-editor of i-com, author of Software-Ergonomie and Prozessführungssysteme
> Editorial contact
> Please send your orders to orders [ at ] degruyter.com
> Download Fact Sheet Computer Sciences