In 1913, we published a work that was destined to become a standard text in the field of management: Frederick W. Taylor‘s The Principles Of Scientific Management. This book laid the foundations for ergonomics and is quoted in every modern lecture on economics.
Today, we are still demonstrating our flair for forward-looking topics in economics and social sciences with our De Gruyter Oldenbourg programme. New publications draw on subject areas such as sports economics, health care, empirical social research and behavioural economics while at the same time building an important foundation for research in interdisciplinary fields.
This means our specialist technical literature, textbooks and journals aren’t just relevant to economists, but also to researchers in related fields.
- Proven and successful study and exam books
- Books regularly updated by experts ensuring material is always on the cutting edge of research
- One of the top 3 publishing houses in our field on the German-speaking market
- A wide selection of topics and themes
- A large portfolio of prestigious international journals such as
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics
- Business administration
- Mathematics and statistics for economists
- Business information systems
- Commercial law
- Hal R. Varian, Chief Economist at Google and emeritus professor at
the University of California at Berkeley
- Henner Schierenbeck, emeritus professor at the Universities of Münster and Basel
- Lutz Kruschwitz, emeritus professor at the Freie Universität Berlin
> Editorial contact
> Please send your orders to orders [ at ] degruyter.com
> Download Fact Sheet Economics