- toggleClassical and Ancient Near Eastern Studies
- toggleComputer Sciences
- toggleCultural Studies
- toggleIndustrial Chemistry
- Islamic Studies
- toggleJewish Studies
- toggleLibrary and Information Science, Book Studies
- toggleLife Sciences
- toggleLinguistics and Semiotics
- toggleLiterary Studies
- toggleMaterials Sciences
- Medieval Studies
- Romance Studies
- toggleSocial Sciences
De Gruyter Oldenbourg is the leading German academic publisher for History and publishes both in English and German. The international catalog includes topics across all periods of history, from the Middle Ages to the present, with an emphasis on early modern and contemporary history. We publish cutting edge scholarly work; monographs, journals, reference books, and source editions. Generations of students have used our series of textbooks on their career to becoming historians. We partner with top tier research institutions and academies across the globe and provide them the tools to communicate their research results. Being both a pioneer and an authority in the field, De Gruyter Oldenbourg have been a firm advocate of open access for years.
- Middle Ages
- Modern European History
- Contemporary History
- German-German History
- Military History
- History of Southeastern, Eastern and East Central
- Public History
- Early Modern Period
- History of the 19th and 20th Centuries
- History of National Socialism
- Jewish Studies
- Economic and Social History
- Labor History
- Cold War Studies
FACTS AND FIGURES
- Approx. 200 new titles each year
- Over 10,000 backlist titles
- Supplemented by titles from our Publisher Partners University of Hawaii Press, Yale University Press, Columbia University Press, Harvard University Press, Princeton University Press, University of Pennsylvania Press, University of Toronto Press, and transcript-Verlag
- 64 journals, 44 with English content
- 45 subscription journals, 19 open access journals
- Automatic access to all volumes since 1995 for subscribers
- All journals available as single subscriptions, Pick & Choose package or in set packages
- Great discounts based on the number of titles and FTE brandings
- Permanent access secured via Portico
- Institute for Contemporary History Munich – Berlin
- The German Federal Archives
- International Federation for Public History
- Liberaal Archief Gent
- Zentrum für Militärgeschichte und Sozialwissenschaften der Bundeswehr
- Historische Kommission Munich
- Historisches Kolleg Munich
- Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften
- German Historical Institutes in London, Paris and Moskau
- Leibniz Institute for East- and Southeast European Studies Regensburg
- Göttingen Academy of Sciences and Humanities
- Historische Kommission Berlin
Marcel van der Linden
International Institute of Social History, Amsterdam, editor of Handbook Global Histories of Work.
Binghampton University New York, editor of Work out of Place.
University of Geneva, editor of Planning in Cold War Europe.
Director, Centre for Advanced Study Sofia, Author of National Byzantiums.
Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Director of the Institute for Contemporary History Munich – Berlin, co-editor of the publication The Persecution and Murder of the European Jews by Nazi Germany, 1933 – 1945.
Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg, co-editor of the publication The Persecution and Murder of the European Jews by Nazi Germany, 1933 – 1945.
Goethe University Frankfurt, editor of the Historische Zeitschrift.
Humboldt University of Berlin, editor of various medieval studies series and publications such as Europa im Mittelalter and Stiftungsgeschichten.
Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, author of The Empirical Empire