Information for Authors from Hungary
Effective 1st January 2020 , authors from an institution that is a licensee of the ‘2020 De Gruyter eJournal Package (Complete, Humanities & Social Sciences or STM) may publish primary research and review articles in open access with the negotiated terms and discounts:
- De Gruyter’s online hybrid journals – no upfront payment by author; institution pays (12 first articles are free)
- De Gruyter’s Pure Open Access journals – no upfront payment by author (up to Pure OA allocation agreement tbc)
The article's corresponding author must be from an eligible university and the article must have been accepted on or after 1st Jan 2020. Titles lists for all subscription journals are available here: https://www.degruyter.com/page/849; and Open Access journals here: https://www.degruyter.com/dg/page/open-access-journals
Articles are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 or the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 License.
- Budapesti Műszaki és Gazdaságtudományi Egyetem
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- Eötvös Loránd Tudományegyetem
- Eötvös Loránd University
- Pannon Egyetem
- University of Pannonia
- Szegedi Tudományegyetem
- University of Szeged
- Debreceni Egyetem
- University of Debrecen
- Semmelweis Egyetem
- Semmelweis University
- Felsőbbfokú Tanulmányok Intézete
- Institute of Advanced Studies
- Bölcsészettudományi Kutatóközpont
- Research Centre for the Humanities
- Könyvtár és Információs Központ
- Library and Information Centre of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Országos Széchényi Könyvtár
- National Széchényi Library
- Evangélikus Hittudományi Egyetem
- Lutheran Theological University
- Pázmány Péter Katolikus Egyetem
- Pázmány Péter Catholic University
Teaching (part time and full time), research and other staff employed by or otherwise accredited to one of the Institutions as well as students enrolled or accredited to one of the Institutions.
In case of articles published by multiple authors, the corresponding author will be the Eligible author. Corresponding author shall be the author who signs the publishing agreement.
Authors are only eligible once they have signed the then current open access publishing agreement with the Publisher. Currently this agreement refers to the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 or the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 License for a few journals.
ELIGIBLE ARTICLE TYPES
The following standards have to be met by the open access articles:
- Articles have to be original and not infringe on any law and/or third party right and meet ethical standards.
- Original Paper – Standard article, usually presenting new results; articles published under this article type may also be referred to as Original Research, Original Article, Original Paper or Research Paper
- Review Paper – Standard article, interpreting previously published results.
- Brief Communication – Short article submitted for rapid publication that exhibits the same structure as a standard article.
- Continuing Education – Article forming integral part of further education (usually medical).
- Case Reports – Articles in medical journals.
HOW TO PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE IN OPEN ACCESS
PURE OPEN ACCESS JOURNALS
Your article may be eligible for publication without paying an APC. You will be informed of the options available once your article is approved for publication.
The full list of Open Access journals is available at:
Submit Your Article to the De Gruyter journal editors. Instructions on how to submit are specified on each journal webpage under the Submission of Manuscripts tab.
Standard fees for Open Access articles in Pure OA journals vary from €500-€1500 by journal. For pricing, please see: https://www.degruyter.com/dg/page/article-processing-charges.
HYBRID/ SUBSCRIPTION JOURNALS
The full list of Hybrid/Subscription journals is available at:
Submit Your Article to the De Gruyter journal editors with a request to publish as Open Access. Instructions on how to submit are specified on each journal webpage under the Submission of Manuscripts tab.
- If your institution is participating in the Hybrid Open Access Pre-paid Agreement eligible authors will not be required to pay an APC for Open Access up to the agreed limit for your institution. Upon acceptance for publication, eligible authors will be offered Open Access publishing as the default option for no further payment (already covered by the institution).
- If your institution is not participating in the above agreement, APCs are payable.
Once you have a paper accepted for publication by De Gruyter, please check with your institutions Open Access Coordinator and they will guide you through the process. De Gruyter issues a Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0. We offer a CC BY-NC-ND or CC-BY license by default but other Open Access licenses are available when required for funding compliance.
For Wellcome Trust authors, De Gruyter will assist you in complying with your funder’s policy in support of open access publishing.
For any questions, please contact Ewa Dzik, Publishing Specialist, Open Access at Ewa.Dzik@degruyter.com.