Information for Authors from Hungary
Effective 31st January 2018, authors from an institution that is a licensee of the ‘2018 EISZ Hungary-De Gruyter e-Journal Complete Package & De Gruyter e-Journal Social Sciences and Humanities Package agreement’ may publish primary research and review articles in open access with the negotiated terms and discounts:
- De Gruyter’s online hybrid journals – no upfront payment by author; institution pays (6 first articles are free)
- De Gruyter’s Pure Open Access journals – no upfront payment by author; institution pays (6 first articles are free)
The article's corresponding author must be from an eligible university and the article must have been accepted on or after 31st January 2018. Titles lists for all subscription journals are available here: https://www.degruyter.com/page/849; and Open Access journals here: https://www.degruyter.com/dg/page/open-access-journals
The university must have an active subscription to the hybrid journal in which the author wishes to publish. The eligible institutions listed below have access to the Complete Package.
Articles are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 or the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 License.
- Eötvös Loránd Tudományegyetem
- Károli Gáspár Református Egyetem
- MTA Könyvtár és Információs Központ
- Evangélikus Hittudományi Egyetem
- Pázmány Péter Katolikus Egyetem
- Pünkösdi Teológiai Főiskola
Teaching (part time and full time), research and other staff employed by or otherwise accredited to one of the Institutions as well as students enrolled or accredited to one of the Institutions.
In case of articles published by multiple authors, the corresponding author will be the Eligible author. Corresponding author shall be the author who signs the publishing agreement.
Authors are only eligible once they have signed the then current open access publishing agreement with the Publisher. Currently this agreement refers to the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 or the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 License for a few journals.
ELIGIBLE ARTICLE TYPES
The following standards have to be met by the open access articles:
- Articles have to be original and not infringe on any law and/or third party right and meet ethical standards.
- Original Paper – Standard article, usually presenting new results; articles published under this article type may also be referred to as Original Research, Original Article, Original Paper or Research Paper
- Review Paper – Standard article, interpreting previously published results.
- Brief Communication – Short article submitted for rapid publication that exhibits the same structure as a standard article.
- Continuing Education – Article forming integral part of further education (usually medical).
- Case Reports – Articles in medical journals.
HOW TO PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE IN OPEN ACCESS
PURE OPEN ACCESS JOURNALS
The full list of Open Access journals is available at:
Submit Your Article to the De Gruyter journal editors. Instructions on how to submit are specified on each journal webpage under the Submission of Manuscripts tab. APCs are payable.
Standard fees for Open Access articles in Pure OA journals vary from €500-€1500 by journal. For pricing, please see: https://www.degruyter.com/dg/page/article-processing-charges
- If your institution is listed in the Open Access Institutional Membership Agreement link) a discount of 20% will apply automatically once accepted for publication.
- All Jisc members (link) are eligible for the discount once listed. If you would like to add your institution to the list please contact your OA co-ordinator to request addition to the list via the contact details below.
HYBRID/ SUBSCRIPTION JOURNALS
The full list of Hybrid/Subscription journals is available at:
Submit Your Article to the De Gruyter journal editors with a request to publish as Open Access. Instructions on how to submit are specified on each journal webpage under the Submission of Manuscripts tab.
Standard fee for all Open Access articles in a hybrid journal: €2000.
- If your institution is participating in the Hybrid Open Access Pre-paid Agreement eligible authors will not be required to pay an APC for Open Access up to the agreed limit for your institution. Upon acceptance for publication, eligible authors who have not requested Open Access already, will be notified and offered Open Access publishing as the default option for no further payment (already covered by the institution).
- If your institution is not participating in the above agreement, APCs are payable.
- If your institution is listed in the Open Access Institutional Membership Agreement a discount of 20% will apply automatically.
Once you have a paper accepted for publication by De Gruyter, Please check with your institutions Open Access Coordinator and they will guide you through the process. De Gruyter issues a Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0. We offer a CC BY-NC-ND or CC-BY license by default but other Open Access licenses are available when required for funding compliance.
For Wellcome Trust authors, De Gruyter will assist you in complying with your funder’s policy in support of open access publishing.
For any questions, please contact Ewa Dzik, Publishing Specialist, Open Access at Ewa.Dzik@degruyteropen.com.