Information for Authors from Sweden
Effective 1st January 2018, authors from an institution that is a licensee of the ‘2018-2020 BIBSAM-De Gruyter e-Journal Complete Package agreement’ may publish primary research and review articles in open access with the negotiated terms and discounts:
- De Gruyter’s online hybrid journals – no upfront payment by author; institution pays
- De Gruyter’s Pure Open Access journals – discount on the APC; author pays
The article's corresponding author must be from an eligible university and the article must have been accepted on or after 1st January 2018. Titles lists for all subscription journals and Open Access journals are available here: https://www.degruyter.com/page/849
The university must have an active subscription to the hybrid journal in which the author wishes to publish. The eligible institutions listed below have access to the Complete Package.
Articles are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 or the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 License.Eligible Authors may include and make available the final version (Publisher PDF version) in the institutional repository of the Institution and on the personal web pages of the employee concerned.
- University of Gothenburg
- Royal Institute of Technology
- Stockholm University
- Chalmers University of Technology
- Södertörn University
- Dalarna University
- Linnaeus University
- Mid-Sweden University
Teaching and research staff employed by or otherwise accredited to one of the Institutions as well as students enrolled or accredited to one of the Institutions.
In case of articles published by multiple authors, the corresponding author will be the Eligible author. Corresponding author shall be the author who signs the publishing agreement.
Authors are only eligible once they have signed the then current open access publishing agreement with the Publisher. Currently this agreement refers to the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 or the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 License for a few journals.
ELIGIBLE ARTICLE TYPES
The following standards have to be met by the open access articles:
- Articles have to be original and not infringe on any law and/or third party right and meet ethical standards.
- Original Paper – Standard article, usually presenting new results; articles published under this article type may also be referred to as Original Research, Original Article, Original Paper or Research Paper
- Review Paper – Standard article, interpreting previously published results.
- Brief Communication – Short article submitted for rapid publication that exhibits the same structure as a standard article.
- Continuing Education – Article forming integral part of further education (usually medical).
- Case Reports – Articles in medical journals.
HOW TO PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE IN OPEN ACCESS
Hybrid/ Subscription Journals:
Submit Your Article to the De Gruyter journal editors (with a request to publish in hybrid Open Access. Instructions on how to submit are specified on each journal webpage under the Submission of Manuscripts tab.
If eligible, no upfront APC is payable. De Gruyter issues a Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 and the article is published in Open Access.
That's it! Once your eligibility has been verified, your institution will cover the article publication charge.
Your article will be made open access immediately on publication or in case the article is not made open access immediately, it will be made open access retroactively within a few months of publication.
Pure Open Access Journals:
Submit Your Article to the De Gruyter journal editors. Instructions on how to submit are specified on each journal webpage under the Submission of Manuscripts tab.
Eligible authors are notified of the negotiated deal discount and charged accordingly. De Gruyter issues a Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 and the article is published in Open Access.
An annual publication report will be sent to BIBSAM with the discounts and APCs paid by authors affiliated with the Institutions.
To see a list of our Pure Open Access journals please click here.
For any questions, please contact Ewa Dzik, Publishing Specialist, Open Access at Ewa.Dzik[at]degruyteropen.com.