- Modeling and analysis in molecular biology and electrophysiology
- Computational and Mathematical Drug Design and Discovery
- Explorations of engagement
- Paleography nowadays: Achievements and challenges
- Analytic Functions and Related Topics
- Analytic Functions and Related Topics
- Current Issues in Morpho-syntax in Japanese and Korean
- Fake News in Library and Information Science
- The New Metaphysics: Analytic/Continental Crossovers
- Open Psychology Topical Issue Proposals
- Health Literacy and Physical Literacy in Library Practice
- Gender issues in Library and Information Science: Focusing on Visual Aspects
- Special Issue on the 2nd International Conference on Chemistry, Chemical Process and Engineering (IC3PE)
- Applications of Nonlinear Dynamics
- Special Issue on the 10th Polish Conference on Analytical Chemistry (POKOCHA 2018)
- Digital Humanities in Biblical Studies and Theology
- Social Reception of Humanoid Robots
- Computational Intelligence Methodologies Meets Recurrent Cancers – From Prediction to Prognosis
- Post-Neo-Classical Perspectives on Economic Development: Emerging Global Cities and Varieties of Capitalism Theorization
- Archaeoastronomy and Ethnoastronomy Research
- Harmonic Analysis: Smooth and Non-Smooth
Modeling and analysis in molecular biology and electrophysiology
Shenggao Zhou (lead), Soochow University, China
Minxin Chen, Soochow University, China
Zhiliang Xu, Notre Dame University, USA
The workshop “Modeling and analysis in molecular biology and electrophysiology” will take place at Suzhou, China on June 2018 (http://www.math.ucsd.edu/~s4zhou/MBE2018/MBE2018.html). A special issue for this workshop will appear in the journal, Computational and Mathematical Biophysics (CMB), with the same title. The purpose of this special issue is to provide a medium for researchers from mathematical and biophysical sciences and other related disciplines to report recent advances and challenges on biomolecular systems and electrophysiology. Like the workshop, this special issue will focus on molecular to subcelluar scale biosciences including biochemistry, biophysics, and electrophysiology, and the corresponding mathematical models, analysis, computational algorithms, and biological applications.
As a recently established journal, CMB (https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/cmb) is the formal continuation of Molecular Based Mathematical Biology, published by De Gruyter. The mission of CMB is to publish the highest quality work that promotes the development of theoretical formulations, mathematical models, numerical algorithms, and computational techniques for elucidating molecular mechanisms and for solving open problems at the forefront of molecular bioscience and biophysics.
Original papers and high-quality review articles are solicited from participants of the workshop. Moreover, submissions of contributions are also welcome from researchers in the field who will not personally attend the workshop, on topics otherwise close to the special issue themes.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Biomolecular solvation, explicit and implicit solvation models
- Modeling and simulation of ion channel and membrane;
- Simulation of phenomena in electrons transport in electrochemical devices;
- Multiscale modeling of dynamics in cellular-chemical interactions;
- Multiscale modeling of ion channel–related problems in neuron sciences;
- Modeling of electrostatic interactions beyond mean-field descriptions;
- Molecular dynamics, Brownian dynamics, and Monte Carlo Simulations;
- Simulations and software development.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Before submission authors should carefully read over the author guidelines, which are located at https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/cmb. All manuscripts are subject to the standard peer review process before publication. Please note the publisher has waived the Article Processing Charges for this special issue, but articles will be open-access in accordance with the overall goals of the journal. Prospective authors should submit their manuscript on line at http://mlbmb.edmgr.com/
While submitting your paper please chose “Model Anal Mol Biol Electrophys” as an article type.
The deadline for the submissions is July 1, 2018, but individual papers will be reviewed and published online as they arrive.
Manuscript Due, July 1, 2018;
First round of reviews: August 15, 2018;
Anticipated publication date: December 1, 2018.
We are looking forward to your submission. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Shenggao Zhou, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org