◄ Back to journal
Open Economics, an international peer-reviewed Open Access journal, invites all scholars to submit Topical Issue Proposals.
Why publish a special issue in Open Economics?
- unrestricted access to all readers worldwide,
- no Article Processing Charges (APCs),
- all manuscripts are processed in Editorial Manager system to ensure full transparency of the peer review system,
- continuous publication – articles are published immediately after the completion of the editing process,
no word or page limit per article or issue. We recommend that the topical issue should consist of at least 5 articles.
To submit your proposal, please fill out this form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The proposal should include:
- Information about guest editor (affiliation, email address, short bio or link to an online resume)
- Rationale (working title of the issue, outline of its scope, brief explanation why it is relevant and important, the approximate number of articles it will include)
- a preliminary schedule (when the papers will be submitted? when do you plan to publish the articles?)
Responsibilities of Guest Editor:
- ensure manuscripts fall within the scope of the issue and the journal
- manage the peer review process of the articles
- communicate with the authors, reviewers and Managing Editor
- write an editorial to the Topical Issue
- ensure a timely delivery of the manuscripts.
- Editorial Manager system, where the Guest Editor can easily manage the review process, see revision history, etc.
- support from Managing Editor at every step of the process
- fast and professional technical editing
- free language assistance for authors from non-English speaking regions
- immediate publication upon completion of the publishing process
- extensive promotion and worldwide distribution of each published article
- unrestricted access for all readers.