- Modeling and analysis in molecular biology and electrophysiology
- Computational and Mathematical Drug Design and Discovery
- Explorations of engagement
- Paleography nowadays: Achievements and challenges
- Analytic Functions and Related Topics
- Analytic Functions and Related Topics
- Current Issues in Morpho-syntax in Japanese and Korean
- Fake News in Library and Information Science
- The New Metaphysics: Analytic/Continental Crossovers
- Open Psychology Topical Issue Proposals
- Health Literacy and Physical Literacy in Library Practice
- Gender issues in Library and Information Science: Focusing on Visual Aspects
- Special Issue on the 2nd International Conference on Chemistry, Chemical Process and Engineering (IC3PE)
- Applications of Nonlinear Dynamics
- Special Issue on the 10th Polish Conference on Analytical Chemistry (POKOCHA 2018)
- Digital Humanities in Biblical Studies and Theology
- Social Reception of Humanoid Robots
- Computational Intelligence Methodologies Meets Recurrent Cancers – From Prediction to Prognosis
- Post-Neo-Classical Perspectives on Economic Development: Emerging Global Cities and Varieties of Capitalism Theorization
- Archaeoastronomy and Ethnoastronomy Research
- Harmonic Analysis: Smooth and Non-Smooth
- 4th International Conference on Green Chemistry and Sustainable Engineering 2018
- Computer Modeling in Philosophy
- Emerging Technologies in Computing
- Computing, Electronics and Communications Engineering
- NICE conference 2018
- Special Issue based on 2nd Global Conference on Applied Physics, Mathematics and Computing
- AGRITOURISM The 1st World Congress Bolzano, Italy: 7-9 November, 2018
- Special Issue based on 7th International Eurasian Conference on Mathematical Sciences and Applications (IECMSA-2018)
- Special Issue: NANOP 2018 (Conference Place: Rome, October 1st-3rd, 2018)
- The 1st International Conference on Biodynamic Research
- Congress FOOD 2030: Towards sustainable agri-food systems
- REFAB 2018
- Topical Issue on Internet of Things for the Food
- Special Issue on the 13th European IFSA Symposium
- Pragmatics and discourse analysis of the language of Japanese food
- Special Issue on Cyber-Society, Smart Computing and Technology
- Special Issue "RIEMain in Contact"
- Special Issue on Robot and Human Interactive Communication
- International Conference On Nanomedicine And Nanobiotechnology
- Special Issue on the International Conference on Science, Applied Science, Teaching and Education 2019
- Dynamical Methods in Algebra, Geometry and Topology (DAGT)
- Design Thinking for Education
- Topical Issue on Intelligent Methods for Textual Information Retrieval
- Open Computer Science: Special Issue on Artificial Intelligence in Computer Science
- Special Issue on Computer Science Trends for Next Generation of Educational Technologies
- Special Issue on 'Chemistry Today for Tomorrow'
- Special Issue on the 10th Circumpolar Agriculture Conference
- Topical Issue on Applications of Mathematics in Chemistry
- Special Issue ESC2018 - The 36th General Assembly of the European Seismological Commission
- Geodetic Engineering
- International Conference “Natural Hazards – Lessons from the Past and Contemporary Challenges”
- Alkaline-Carbonatitic magmatism
- Unlocking Sacred Landscapes: Digital Humanities and Ritual Space
- ISCMP 2018 Joint Science Congress of Materials and Polymers
- Brain Computer Interface for Smart Medical Applications
- Adult Neurogenesis and Neurological Disorders
- Gateway or Endpoint: Scandinavian Contacts from the Third to First Millennium BC
- STEM Education with a Better Understanding
- Towards Intelligent System for IoT and Big Data Applications
- Monitoring, Risk Assessment and Sustainable Management for the Exposure to Environmental Toxins
- Economics, Management and Technology in Enterprises 2019
- Special Issue on Applied Geomorphology 2019
- 6th International Conference on Agriculture 2019 – AGRICO 2019
- Metal nanoparticles biosynthesis using plant extracts
- Progress in area of the flow machines and devices
- OBJECT-ORIENTED ONTOLOGY AND ITS CRITICS
- Scientific – Technical Conference ENGINEERING OF CONSTRUCTION PROCESSES 2019
- Recent Advancement in Edge and Fog Computing for Intelligent IoT Applications
- Media Practice Commoning
- Applied Optimization
- Environmental Noise Exposure and public health as an important parameter of evaluation in Strategic Noise Maps and Noise Action Plans
- Special Issue based on the XXVth Symposium on Electromagnetic Phenomena in Nonlinear Circuits (EPNC2018)
- Mobile Robot Assistants for the Elderly
- Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Recent Development of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis
Pragmatics and discourse analysis of the language of Japanese food
Kiyoko Toratani, York University, Canada
In recent years, the language of food has attracted the attention of many scholars, but the focus has been mostly on food from Western cultures. Although work on the language of Japanese food is on the rise, many topics remain unexplored. This special issue aims to gain insight into pragmatic and discourse characteristics of the language of Japanese food. The term ‘Japanese food’ here is broadly construed, covering food consumed in Japan (native or foreign) and Japanese food consumed overseas. The language studied can be Japanese or another language, as long as Japanese food is studied.
Questions that may be explored include (but are not limited to):
- Does the examination of the language of Japanese food reveal functions of grammatical/lexical items not common in other discourse genres?
- What are the underlying socio-cultural motivations for the use of a given linguistic item in Japanese food discourse?
- What are the linguistic features of food blogs (e.g. use of non-expert language in bento-blogs) and do Japanese and North American blogs differ?
Contributions based on talks presented at the “Conference on the Language of Japanese Food” held in Toronto, Canada, on May 4 and 5, 2018, as well as new studies on pragmatics and discourse analysis of the language of Japanese food are welcomed.
The deadline for submission is January 31, 2019.
|HOW TO SUBMIT|
Authors are kindly invited to register at our paper processing system at: http://www.editorialmanager.com/opli/ and submit their contribution.
Every manuscript should be clearly marked as intended for this special issue. All papers will go through the Open Linguistics’ high standards, quick, fair and comprehensive peer-review procedure. Instructions for authors are available here. In case of any questions, please contact Guest Editor (email@example.com) or Managing Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
As an author of Open Linguistics you will benefit from:
- transparent, comprehensive and fast peer review managed by our esteemed Guest Editor;
- efficient route to fast-track publication and full advantage of De Gruyter Open e-technology;
- free language assistance for authors from non-English speaking regions.
The deadline is January 31, 2019.