TOPICAL ISSUE: Modern Manufacturing Technologies
Topical issue on Modern Manufacturing Technologies seeks to publish original, high-quality research results on topics broadly related to breakthroughs in both manufacturing productivity and quality at equal or lower cost using conventional and non-conventional material processing technologies.
These breakthroughs could be related, but not limited to:
- Materials, in particular difficult to machine materials such as titanium alloys, tool steels, stainless steels, hardened steels and other superalloys to meet the demands of extreme applications;
- Processing technologies, in conventional and new energy forms, such as metal cutting, additive manufacturing, laser material processing, water-jet cutting, plasma etching, EDM, magnetic superfinishing, etc.;
- Processing equipment, such as modern machine tools design, controllers, sensors, cooling and lubrication strategies, chatter suppression, and machining force control for achieving maximum feed rate without the risk of tool breakage;
- System integration, such as CAD/CAM, process planning, automation, integration of different manufacturing paradigms, user interface, and factory implementation;
- Reliability and quality assurance, such as surface engineering, coating, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, statistical process control, condition monitoring for critical machine tool components, etc.
Jay F. Tu, North Carolina State University, USA
Rahul Trivedi, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, USA
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Before submission authors should carefully read the Instructions for Authors, which are located here. All submissions to the Topical Issue must be made electronically at via online submission system Editorial Manager.
All manuscripts will go through the Open Engineering high standards, quick, fair and comprehensive peer-review procedure. When entering your submission via online submission system please choose the type article Modern Manufacturing Technologies.
Contributors to the Topical Issue will benefit from:
- fair and constructive peer review provided by recognized experts in the field,
- Open Access to your article for all interested readers,
- fast online publication of articles,
- online submission and tracking system,
- free language assistance for authors from non-English speaking regions;
- increased visibility and readership
- increased and accelerated citations
- no space constraints
- extensive promotion of best articles
We are looking forward to your submission. If you have any question, please contact us:
Managing Editor: Magdalena.Gruszka@degruyteropen.com