Open Engineering: Desktop Grids for High Performance Computing
High performance computing is extremely important for modern fundamental and applied science. Desktop Grid technologies are used in scientific research together with clusters and GRID systems, while Volunteer Computing assist in breakthroughs in astronomy, biotechnology, fundamental physics and mathematics, and many other branches of science. However, unused potential of Desktop Grids is still quite high.
This special issue of Open Engineering is devoted to contributions related to high-performance computing with a clear connection to desktop grid technology.
We seek high-quality original research papers not previously published nor under review by another conference or journal. Survey papers are also welcomed provided their topic is of special interest.
Specific topics include but are not limited to:
- BOINC and related technologies,
- mathematical modeling of volunteer computing, BOINC and its workflows,
- emerging applications for BOINC and new BOINC projects,
- challenging computational problems suitable for large-scale distributed computing,
- recent results and statistics of existing BOINC projects,
- applications of GP-GPU in BOINC projects.
Mikhail Posypkin, head of Applied optimization department, Federal Research Center “Computer Science and Control” of Russian Academy of Sciences
Eugeny Ivashko, head of Centre for collective use of KRC RAS "High-performance computing centre", Institute of Applied Math Research
HOW TO SUBMIT
Before submission authors should carefully read the Instructions for Authors, which are located here. All submissions to the Special Issue must be made electronically at via online submission system Editorial Manager.
All manuscripts will go through the Open Engineering high standards, quick, fair and comprehensive peer-review procedure. When entering your submission via online submission system please choose the type article Desktop Grids for High Performance Computing 2017. The deadline for the submissions is 30th September, 2017, but individual papers will be reviewed and published online as they arrive.
Contributors to the Special Issue will benefit from:
- fair and constructive peer review provided by recognized experts in the field,
- Open Access to your article for all interested readers,
- fast online publication of articles,
- online submission and tracking system,
- free language assistance for authors from non-English speaking regions;
- increased visibility and readership
- increased and accelerated citations
- no space constraints
- extensive promotion of best articles
We are looking forward to your submission. If you have any question, please contact us:
Managing Editor: Karolina.Hejbudzka@degruyteropen.com