De Gruyter’s program in Literary Studies is among the largest and most renowned world-wide. It encompasses academically outstanding works, a wide range of research topics and a high number of new publications, comprising monographs, collected volumes, critical editions, textbooks, reference works, journals and databases.
The focus of our program is traditionally on German, English and Romance Studies, covering all eras from the Middle Ages to the present.
In the last years we have expanded our portfolio to also include interdisciplinary topics, among them Law and Literature, Exile Research and Memory Studies. Combining European and North American perspectives, and with both English and German as languages of publication, our program is of special interest to internationally publishing scholars.
- The leading program in German Medieval Studies and Modern German Literature
- Peer-review for all book series and journal publications
- High-quality reference works, e.g. encyclopedias, handbooks and bibliographies in both printed and electronic format
- A long history in the publication of critical editions
- A continuously expanding portfolio in German Studies and interdisciplinary Literary Studies
- A growing number of English-language titles
- Close ties with the international scientific community
- Rüdiger Campe, Yale University, New Haven, USA; editor of the series Paradigms. Literature and the Human Sciences
- Paul Fleming, Cornell University, USA; editor of the series Paradigms. Literature and the Human Sciences
- Irene Kacandes, Dartmouth College, Hanover, USA; editor of the series Interdisciplinary German Cultural Studies
- Karen Leeder, University of Oxford, UK; editor of the series Companions to Contemporary German Culture
- Chris Young, University of Cambridge, UK; editor of the series Companions to Contemporary German Culture
- Deutsches Literaturarchiv Marbach, Deutsche Schillergesellschaft
- Klassik Stiftung Weimar
- International Arthurian Society
- Villa Vigoni. Centro Italo-Tedesco per l’eccellenza Europea
> Editorial contact
> Please send your orders to orders [ at ] degruyter.com
> Download Fact Sheet Literary Studies