Information for Authors from the UK
Open Access Institutional Membership Agreement – Pure and Hybrid OA
The article's corresponding author must be from an eligible university and the article must have been accepted on or after 1 January 2019. Titles lists for all subscription journals and Open Access journals are available here: https://www.degruyter.com/dg/page/degruyter-price-listsEffective 1 January 2019, authors from all UK participating institution may publish primary research and review articles in both Pure and Hybrid Open Access with a 20% discount applied to APC’s.
The article's corresponding author must be from an eligible university and the article must have been accepted on or after 1 January 2019. Titles lists for all subscription journals and Open Access journals are available here: https://www.degruyter.com/dg/page/degruyter-price-lists
- University of Manchester
- Imperial College London
- Lancaster University
- University College London
- University of Exeter
- University of Sussex
- University of St Andrews
Hybrid Open Access Offset Agreement
Effective 1 January 2019, authors from all UK institution who are participating in the De Gruyter Hybrid OA Offset Agreement may publish primary research and review articles in Hybrid Open Access with no upfront payment. This offer is limited to institutions who have access to the De Gruyter Complete eJournal Package and have signed the Jisc Collections/De Gruyter Hybrid OA license agreement.
For both agreements, Articles are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 or the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 License.
Teaching and research staff employed by or otherwise accredited to one of the Institutions as well as students enrolled or accredited to one of the Institutions.
In case of articles published by multiple authors, the corresponding author will be the Eligible author. Eligible authors are affiliated with a participating institution (based on affiliation provided by the author in the article submission process). Corresponding author shall be the author who signs the publishing agreement.
Authors are only eligible once they have signed the then current open access publishing agreement with the Publisher. Currently this agreement refers to the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 or the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 License for a few journals.
ELIGIBLE ARTICLE TYPES
The following standards have to be met by the open access articles:
- Articles have to be original and not infringe on any law and/or third party right and meet ethical standards.
- Original Paper – Standard article, usually presenting new results; articles published under this article type may also be referred to as Original Research, Original Article, Original Paper or Research Paper
- Review Paper – Standard article, interpreting previously published results.
- Brief Communication – Short article submitted for rapid publication that exhibits the same structure as a standard article.
- Continuing Education – Article forming integral part of further education (usually medical).
- Case Reports – Articles in medical journals.
HOW TO PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE IN OPEN ACCESS (Institutions participating in De Gruyter Open Access Offset Agreement)
HYBRID/ SUBSCRIPTION JOURNALS
The full list of Hybrid/Subscription journals is available at:
Submit Your Article to the De Gruyter journal editors with a request to publish as Open Access. Instructions on how to submit are specified on each journal webpage under the Submission of Manuscripts tab.
Standard fee for all Open Access articles in a hybrid journal: €2000.
- If your institution is participating in the Hybrid Open Access Offset Agreement (link), eligible authors will not be required to pay an APC for Open Access up to the agreed limit for your institution. Upon acceptance for publication, eligible authors who have not requested Open Access already, will be notified and offered Open Access publishing as the default option for no further payment (already covered by the institution).
- If your institution is not participating in the above agreement, APCs are payable.
- If your institution is listed in the Open Access Institutional Membership Agreement – Pure and Hybrid OA (link) a discount of 20% will apply automatically.
PURE OPEN ACCESS JOURNALS
The full list of Open Access journals is available at:
Submit Your Article to the De Gruyter journal editors. Instructions on how to submit are specified on each journal webpage under the Submission of Manuscripts tab. APCs are payable.
Standard fees for Open Access articles in Pure OA journals vary from €500-€1500 by journal. For pricing, please see: https://www.degruyter.com/dg/page/article-processing-charges
- If your institution is listed in the Open Access Institutional Membership Agreement – Pure and Hybrid OA (link) a discount of 20% will apply automatically once accepted for publication.
- All Jisc members (link) are eligible for the discount once listed. If you would like to add your institution to the list please contact your OA co-ordinator to request addition to the list via the contact details below.
Once you have a paper accepted for publication by De Gruyter, Please check with your institutions Open Access Coordinator and they will guide you through the process. De Gruyter issues a Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0. We offer a CC BY-NC-ND or CC-BY license by default but other Open Access licenses are available when required for funding compliance.
For Wellcome Trust authors, De Gruyter will assist you in complying with your funder’s policy in support of open access publishing.
For any questions, please contact Ewa Dzik, Publishing Specialist, Open Access at Ewa.Dzik@degruyteropen.com.