For over 100 years, the subject of philosophy has been at the heart of our publishing programme. And because of this, De Gruyter continues to publish important, well-known works such as the Academy Editions of Kant and Leibniz as well as the Complete Works of Marx-Engels and Nietzsche.
Close collaboration with our scientific and scholarly authors is an integral part of our publishing endeavours. We work with renowned scientific institutions such as the Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie and the Kant Gesellschaft, which enables us to maintain the exceptional quality of the contents of our titles and at the same time stay abreast of the newest developments in philosophy.
Our portfolio includes all philosophical disciplines and product forms and even resonates with scientists in associated fields.
- A long tradition and expertise in publishing critical reference volumes and complete works
- Indispensable reference works and fundamental research works in printed and digital form
- A broad spectrum of textbooks, such as Klassiker auslegen and De Gruyter Studienbücher
- Innovative projects such as Nietzsche Online, the first integrated database on an important philosopher that makes his works and research literature completely accessible in electronic form
- Leaders in the history of philosophy, including research on ancient philosophy as well as Kant, Nietzsche, Leibniz and Marx
- Collaborations with major research institutions, such as science academies and scientific societies
- Prof. Dr. Dominik Perler, Humboldt Universität Berlin / Princeton University, Deutschland / USA, editor of Quellen und Studien zur Philosophie
- Prof. Dr. Karl Ameriks, University of Notre Dame, USA, editor of Internationales Jahrbuch des Deutschen Idealismus
- Prof. Dr. Otfried Höffe, Universität Tübingen, Germany, editor and author of the series Klassiker auslegen
- Prof. Dr. Sally Sedgwick, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA, editor of the Internationales Jahrbuch des Deutschen Idealismus
- Prof. Dr. Michael Quante, Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster, Germany, editor of Quellen und Studien zur Philosophie
- Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie
- Internationale Marx-Engels-Stiftung
- Akademie der Wissenschaften zu Göttingen
- Heidelberger Akademie der Wissenschaften
- Kant Gesellschaft
> Editorial contact
> Please send your orders to orders [ at ] degruyter.com
> Download Fact Sheet Philosophy