De Gruyter’s range in the social sciences is characterized by a great level of diversity. Titles in this area are published by our De Gruyter Oldenbourg imprint and also by publishing partners such as transcript, Böhlau Verlag and Harvard University Press.
Textbooks on methods used in empirical social research, special sociologies and political science are the core element of De Gruyter Oldenbourg’s range here. Our partner transcript enriches our range with contemporary aspects such as digital society and transculturality. Harvard University Press covers areas such as American politics and offers publications on various societal developments.
Böhlau Verlag’s titles in the areas of pedagogy and historical political research complete our range in the social sciences.
- Well-established textbooks
- Broad thematic range
- Large portfolio of renowned national and international journals
- Rosemarie Nave Herz researches and publishes on family sociology
- Uwe Wagschal holds the chair of comparative political science at the
University of Freiburg and is editor of Statistics, Politics and Policy
- Rainer Schützeichelis Professor of Sociology at the University of
Bielefeld and editor of Zeitschrift für Soziologie
- Joachim Behnke is Professor of Political Science at the University of
- Hans-Joachim Laut is Professor of Political Science and models of
political systems at the University of Würzburg
> Editorial contact
> Please send your orders to orders [ at ] degruyter.com