Steven Pauwels, Djalila Mekahli, Pieter Vermeersch and Karel Allegaert are supported by the Fund for Scientific Research, Flanders (Clinical Fellowship 1700314N and 1700613N, Fundamental Clinical Investigatorship 1842013N and 1800214N) and has been supported by an IWT-SBO project (130033).
Conflict of interest statement
Authors’ conflict of interest disclosure: The authors stated that there are no conflicts of interest regarding the publication of this article. Research funding played no role in thestudy design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretationof data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision tosubmit the report for publication.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared
1. Vieux R, Hascoet JM, Merdariu D, Fresson J, Guillemin F. Glomerular filtration rate reference values in very preterm infants. Pediatrics 2010;125:e1186–92.10.1542/peds.2009-1426Search in Google Scholar
2. Allegaert K, Kuppens M, Mekahli D, Levtchenko E, Vanstapel F, Vanhole C, et al. Creatinine reference values in ELBW infants: impact of quantification by Jaffe or enzymatic method. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 2012;25:1678–81.10.3109/14767058.2012.657277Search in Google Scholar
3. Delanghe JR, Cobbaert C, Harmoinen A, Jansen R, Laitinen P, Panteghini M. Focusing on the clinical impact of standardization of creatinine measurements: a report by the EFCC Working Group on creatinine standardization. Clin Chem Lab Med 2011;49:977–82.10.1515/CCLM.2011.167Search in Google Scholar
4. Ceriotti F, Boyd JC, Klein G, Henny J, Queralto J, Kairisto V, et al. Reference intervals for serum creatinine concentrations: assessment of available data for global application. Clin Chem 2008;54:559–66.10.1373/clinchem.2007.099648Search in Google Scholar
6. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. About NKDEP. Available from: http://nkdep.nih.gov/about-nkdep/working-groups/laboratory-working-group.shtml. Accessed on 1 December, 2013.Search in Google Scholar
7. Greenberg N, Roberts WL, Bachmann LM, Wright EC, Dalton RN, Zakowski JJ, et al. Specificity characteristics of 7 commercial creatinine measurement procedures using enzymatic and Jaffe Method Principles. Clin Chem 2012;58:391–401.10.1373/clinchem.2011.172288Search in Google Scholar
8. Peake M, Whiting M. Measurement of serum creatinine – current status and future goals. Clin Biochem Rev 2006;27:173–84.Search in Google Scholar
10. Allegaert K, Vanhaesebrouck S, Verbesselt R, van den Anker JN. In vivo glucuronidation activity of drugs in neonates: extensive interindividual variability despite their young age. Ther Drug Monit 2009;31:411–5.10.1097/FTD.0b013e3181a8cc0aSearch in Google Scholar
©2014 by Walter de Gruyter Berlin/Boston