We thank Greiner-Bio-One for the gift of Vacuette Glucomedics tubes needed for the study.
Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organization(s) played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
2. Sacks DB, Arnold M, Bakris GL, Bruns DE, Horvath AR, Kirkman MS, et al. National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry. Position statement executive summary: guidelines and recommendations for laboratory analysis in the diagnosis and management of diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Care 2011;34:1419–23.10.2337/dc11-9997Search in Google Scholar
3. Mikesh LM, Bruns DE. Stabilization of glucose in blood specimens: mechanism of delay in fluoride inhibition of glycolysis. Clin Chem 2008;54:930–2.10.1373/clinchem.2007.102160Search in Google Scholar
5. Garcia Del Pino I, Constanso I, Vázquez Mourín L, Barbuzano Safont C, Rodriguez Vázquez P. Citric/citrate buffer: an effective antiglycolytic agent. Clin Chem Lab Med 2013;51:1943–9.10.1515/cclm-2012-0735Search in Google Scholar PubMed
7. Norman M, Jones I. The shift from fluoride/oxalate to acid citrate/fluoride blood collection tubes for glucose testing – The impact upon patient results. Clin Biochem 2014;47:683–5.10.1016/j.clinbiochem.2014.01.011Search in Google Scholar PubMed
8. Pasqualetti S, Szőke D, Valente C, Panteghini M. Glycolysis inhibition and reliable plasma glucose results: is the clinical impact carefully considered? Clin Chem Lab Med 2015;53:S104.Search in Google Scholar
10. Bakliza A, Juricic G, Saracevic A, Milevoj Kopcinovic L, Simundic AM. New tubes on the block: ready for a better blood collection tubes for plasma glucose. Clin Chem Lab Med 2015;53:eA226.Search in Google Scholar
©2016 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston