Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission. All authors confirmed they have contributed to the intellectual content of this paper and have met the following three requirements: (a) significant contributions to the conception and design, acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data; (b) drafting or revising the article for intellectual content; and (c) final approval of the published article.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organization(s) played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
1. Koerbin G, Sikaris KA, Jones GR, Ryan J, Reed M, Tate J, et al. Evidence-based approach to harmonised reference intervals. Clin Chim Acta 2014;432:99–107. Search in Google Scholar
2. Horowitz GL, Altaie S, Boyd JC, Ceriotti F, Garg U, Horn P, et al. Defining, establishing, and verifying reference intervals in the clinical laboratory; approved guideline – 3rd ed., volume 28, number 30 (CLSI document C28-A3c). Search in Google Scholar
3. Ozarda Y, Ichihara K, Barth JH, Klee G; Committee on Reference Intervals and Decision Limits (C-RIDL), International Federation for Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. Protocol and standard operating procedures for common use in a worldwide multicenter study on reference values (IFCC C-RIDL). Clin Chem Lab Med 2013;51:1027–40. Search in Google Scholar
4. Cobbaert C, Weykamp C, Franck P, de Jonge R, Kuypers A, Steigstra H, et al. Systematic monitoring of standardization and harmonization status with commutable EQA-samples – Five year experience from the Netherlands. Clin Chim Acta 2012;414:234–40. Search in Google Scholar
5. Horn PS, Pesce AJ. Reference intervals: an update. Clin Chim Acta 2003;334:5–23. Search in Google Scholar
©2017 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston