Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organization(s) played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
1. Daly N, Flynn I, Carroll C, Farren M, McKeating A, Turner MJ. Impact of implementing preanalytical laboratory standards on the diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitus: a prospective observational study. Clin Chem Lab Med 2016;62:387–91.Search in Google Scholar
2. van den Berg SA, de Groot MJ, Salden LP, Draad PJ, Dijkstra IM, Lunshof S, et al. Pregnancy diabetes: a comparison of diagnostic protocols based on point-of-care, routine and optimized laboratory conditions. Sci Rep 2015;5:16302.Search in Google Scholar
3. van den Berg SA, Thelen MH, Salden LP, van Thiel SW, Boonen KJ. It takes acid, rather than ice, to freeze glucose. Sci Rep 2015;5:8875.Search in Google Scholar
4. Agarwal MM, Dhatt GS, Othman Y. Gestational diabetes mellitus prevalence: Effect of the laboratory analytical variation. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2015;109:493–9.Search in Google Scholar
5. Ceriotti F, Klee GG, Fernandez-Calle P, Nordin G, Sandberg S, Streichert T, et al. Criteria for assigning laboratory measurands to models for analytical performance specifications defined in the 1st EFLM Strategic Conference [opinion paper]. Clin Chem Lab Med 2016;55:189–94.Search in Google Scholar
6. HAPO. Hyperglycemia and adverse pregnancy outcomes. N Engl J Med 2008;358:1991–2002.Search in Google Scholar
7. Arendz I, Oomen PH, Wolthuis A, van der Velde NM, Kroese JA, van der Veen I, et al. Prevalentie van diabetes gravidarum bij risicozwangeren; screening met behulp van orale glucosetolerantietest Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 2013;157:1–6.Search in Google Scholar
8. Sacks D, Arnold M, Bakris G, Bruns D, Horvath A, Kirkman M, et al. Guidelines and recommendations for laboratory analysis in the diagnosis and management of diabetes mellitus. Clin Chem Lab Med 2011;57:e1–47.Search in Google Scholar
9. Moss JR, Crowther CA, Hiller JE, Willson KJ, Robinson JS. Costs and consequences of treatment for mild gestational diabetes mellitus – evaluation from the ACHOIS randomised trial. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2007;7:27.Search in Google Scholar
©2017 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston