Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organization(s) played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
1. Miyachi H, Matsushita H, Tanak Y, Sakairi K, Tanaka Y. Sysmex XN-series, automated hematology analyser. In: Sysmex Clinical Case report, vol. 2. Kobe, Japan: Sysmex Corporation Scientific Affaires, 2013.Search in Google Scholar
2. Sysmex Corporation. Instruction for use XN-series (for XN-2000 system); Chapter 5: Reagents, and Chapter 11: IP-messages. In: Instruction for Use XN series (for XN-2000 system), 2nd ed. Kobe, Japan: Sysmex Corporation, 2011.Search in Google Scholar
3. Kawauchi S, Kono M, Takagi Y, Wada A, Morikawa T. The positions of normal leukocytes on the scattergram of the newly developed abnormal cell-detection channel of the XN-series multi-parameter automated haematology analyzers. Sysmex J Int 2013;23:1–9.Search in Google Scholar
4. Kono M, Takagi Y, Kawauchi S, Wada A, Morikawa T, Funakoshi K. Non-activated T and B lymphocytes become morphologically distinguishable after detergent treatment. Cytometry Part A 2013;83A:396–402.10.1002/cyto.a.22262Search in Google Scholar PubMed
5. Kawauchi S, Takagi Y, Kono M, Wada A, Morikawa T. Comparison of the leukocyte differentiation scattergrams between the XN-Series and the XE-Series of hematology analyzers. Sysmex J Int 2014;24:1–8.Search in Google Scholar
6. Swerdlow SH, Campo E, Lee Harris N, Jaffe ES, Pileri SA, Stein H, et al. editors. WHO classification of tumours of haematopoietic and lymphoid tissues, 4th ed. Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer, 2008.Search in Google Scholar
7. Schuff-Werner P, Kohlschein P, Maroz A, Linssen J, Dreiβiger K, Burstein C. Performance of the XN-1000 WPC channel flagging to differentiate reactive and neoplastic leukocytosis. Clin Chem Lab Med 2016;54:1503–10.Search in Google Scholar
8. Strati P, Shanafelt TD. Monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis and early-stage chronic lymphocytic leukemia: diagnosis, natural history, and risk stratification. Blood 2015;126:454–62.10.1182/blood-2015-02-585059Search in Google Scholar PubMed PubMed Central
9. Rawstron AC, Bennet FL, O’Connor SJ, Kwok M, Fenton JA, Plummer M, et al. Monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis and chronic lymphocytic leukemia. N Engl J Med 2008;359:575–83.10.1056/NEJMoa075290Search in Google Scholar PubMed
©2017 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston