Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organization(s) played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
1. Surks MI, Hollowell JG. Age-specific distribution of serum thyrotropin and antithyroid antibodies in the US population: implications for the prevalence of subclinical hypothyroidism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2007;92:4575–82.Search in Google Scholar
2. Vadiveloo T, Donnan PT, Murphy MJ, Leese GP. Age- and gender-specific TSH reference intervals in people with no obvious thyroid disease in Tayside, Scotland: the Thyroid Epidemiology, Audit, and Research Study (TEARS). J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2013;98:1147–53.Search in Google Scholar
3. Garber JR, Cobin RH, Gharib H, Hennessey JV, Klein I, Mechanick JI, et al. Clinical practice guidelines for hypothyroidism in adults: cosponsored by the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and the American Thyroid Association. Endocr Pract 2012;18:988–1028.Search in Google Scholar
4. Pearce SH, Brabant G, Duntas LH, Monzani F, Peeters RP, Razvi S, et al. 2013 ETA guideline: management of subclinical hypothyroidism. Eur Thyroid J 2013;2:215–28.Search in Google Scholar
5. Baadenhuijsen H, Smit JC. Indirect estimation of clinical chemical reference intervals from total hospital patient data: application of a modified Bhattacharya procedure. J Clin Chem Clin Biochem 1985;23:829–39.Search in Google Scholar
6. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Australian Health Survey: biomedical results for nutrients, 2011–12. . Accessed: 25 Nov 2016.Search in Google Scholar
7. Australasian Association of Clinical Biochemists. Useful tools. . Accessed: 2 Nov 2016.Search in Google Scholar
©2017 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston