Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organization(s) played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
1. Konstantinidis T, Cassimos D, Gioka T, Tsigalou C, Parasidis T, Alexandropoulou I, et al. Can procalcitonin in cerebrospinal fluid be a diagnostic tool for meningitis? J Clin Lab Anal 2015;29:169–74.Search in Google Scholar
2. Alons IM, Verheul RJ, Kuipers I, Jellema K, Wermer MJ, Algra A, et al. Procalcitonin in cerebrospinal fluid in meningitis; a prospective diagnostic study. Brain Behav 2016;6:e00545.Search in Google Scholar
3. Goode KM, Nicholls R, Pellicori P, Clark AL, Cleland JG. The in vitro stability of novel cardiovascular and sepsis biomarkers at ambient temperature. Clin Chem Lab Med 2014;52:911–8.Search in Google Scholar
4. Sanders RJ, Schoorl M, Dekker E, Snijders D, Boersma WG, Ten Boekel D. Evaluation of a new procalcitonin assay for the Siemens ADVIA Centaur® with the established method on the BRAHMS. Clin Lab 2011;57:415–20.Search in Google Scholar
5. Steinbach G, Rau B, Debard A, Javourez J, Bienvenu J, Ponzio A, et al. Multicenter evaluation of a new immunoassay for procalcitonin measurement on the Kryptor® system. Clin Chem Lab Med 2004;42:440–9.Search in Google Scholar
6. Schuetz P, Christ-Crain M, Huber AR, Müller B. Long-term stability of procalcitonin in frozen samples and comparison of Kryptor® and VIDAS® automated immunoassays. Clin Biochem 2010;43:341–4.Search in Google Scholar
7. Meisner M, Tschaikowsky K, Schnabel S, Schmidt J, Katalinic A, Schüttler J. Procalcitonin- influence of temperature, storage, anticoagulation and arterial or venous asservation of blood samples on procalcitonin concentrations. Eur J Clin Chem Clin Biochem 1997;35:597–601.Search in Google Scholar
©2017 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston