Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: Lotteries Health New Zealand.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organization(s) played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
1. Abelius MS, Ernerudh J, Berg G, Matthiesen L, Nilsson LJ, Jenmalm MC. High cord blood levels of the T-helper 2-associated chemokines CCL17 and CCL22 precede allergy development during the first 6 years of life. Pediatr Res 2011;70:495–500.10.1203/PDR.0b013e31822f2411Search in Google Scholar PubMed
2. Miyahara H, Okazaki N, Nagakura T, Korematsu S, Izumi T. Elevated umbilical cord serum TARC/CCL17 levels predict the development of atopic dermatitis in infancy. Clin Exp Allergy 2011;41:186–91.10.1111/j.1365-2222.2010.03634.xSearch in Google Scholar PubMed
3. Lippi G. Interference studies: focus on blood cell lysates preparation and testing. Clin Lab 2012;58:351–5.Search in Google Scholar
4. Lippi G, Fontana R, Avanzini P, Sandei F, Ippolito L. Influence of spurious hemolysis on blood gas analysis. Clin Chem Lab Med 2013;51:1651–4.10.1515/cclm-2012-0802Search in Google Scholar PubMed
5. Fujisawa T, Fujisawa R, Kato Y, Nakayama T, Morita A, Katsumata H, et al. Presence of high contents of thymus and activation-regulated chemokine in platelets and elevated plasma levels of thymus and activation-regulated chemokine and macrophage-derived chemokine in patients with atopic dermatitis. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2002;110:139–46.10.1067/mai.2002.126079Search in Google Scholar PubMed
6. Lippi G, Giavarina D, Gelati M, Salvagno GL. Reference range of hemolysis index in serum and lithium-heparin plasma measured with two analytical platforms in a population of unselected outpatients. Clin Chim Acta 2014;429:143–46.10.1016/j.cca.2013.12.010Search in Google Scholar PubMed
7. Townsley H. Umbilical cord serum chemokines and the development of atopic dermatitis. BMedSci(Hons) Thesis 2015, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand.Search in Google Scholar
8. Lippi G, Blanckaert N, Bonini P, Green S, Kitchen S, Palicka V, et al. Haemolysis: an overview of the leading cause of unsuitable specimens in clinical laboratories. Clin Chem Lab Med 2008;46:764–72.10.1515/CCLM.2008.170Search in Google Scholar PubMed
©2018 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston