Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organization(s) played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
1. Morello A, Lloyd-Jones DM, Chae CU, van Kimmenade RR, Chen AC, Baggish AL, et al. Association of atrial fibrillation and amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide concentrations in dyspneic subjects with and without acute heart failure: results from the ProBNP Investigation of Dyspnea in the Emergency Department (PRIDE) study. Am Heart J 2007;153:90–7.Search in Google Scholar
2. McMurray JJ, Adamopoulos S, Anker SD, Auricchio A, Böhm M, Dickstein K, et al. ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure 2012: the task force for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure 2012 of the European society of cardiology. Developed in collaboration with the heart failure association (HFA) of the ESC. Eur Heart J 2012;33:1787–847.Search in Google Scholar
3. Dokainish H, Zoghbi WA, Lakkis NM, Al-Bakshy F, Dhir M, Quinones MA, et al. Optimal noninvasive assessment of left ventricular filling pressures: a comparison of tissue Doppler echocardiography and B-type natriuretic peptide in patients with pulmonary artery catheters. Circulation 2004;109:2432–9.Search in Google Scholar
4. Parsonage WA, Galbraith AJ, Koerbin GL, Potter JM. Value of B-type natriuretic peptide for identifying significantly elevated pulmonary artery wedge pressure in patients treated for established chronic heart failure secondary to ischemic or idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy. Am J Cardiol 2005;95:883–5.Search in Google Scholar
5. Charitakis E, Walfridsson H, Alehagen U. Short-term influence of radiofrequency ablation on NT-proBNP, MR-proANP, copeptin, and MR-proADM in patients with atrial fibrillation: data from the observational SMURF study. J Am Heart Assoc 2016;5:pii: e003557.Search in Google Scholar
©2018 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston