We thank Mario Cassani (Centro di Riferimento Regionale per la Qualità dei Servizi di Medicina di Laboratorio) for the cooperation in the survey’s organization.
Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organization(s) played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
1. Infusino I, Schumann G, Ceriotti F, Panteghini M. Standardization in clinical enzymology: a challenge for the theory of metrological traceability. Clin Chem Lab Med 2010;48:301–7.Search in Google Scholar
2. Infusino I, Frusciante E, Braga F, Panteghini M. Progress and impact of enzyme measurement standardization. Clin Chem Lab Med 2017;55:334–40.Search in Google Scholar
3. Schumann G, Klauke R, Canalias F, Bossert-Reuther S, Franck PF, Gella FJ, et al. IFCC primary reference procedures for the measurement of catalytic activity concentrations of enzymes at 37 °C. Part 9: reference procedure for the measurement of catalytic concentration of alkaline phosphatase. Clin Chem Lab Med 2011;49:1439–46.Search in Google Scholar
4. Braga F, Frusciante E, Infusino I, Aloisio E, Guerra E, Ceriotti F, et al. Evaluation of the trueness of serum alkaline phosphatase measurement in a group of Italian laboratories. Clin Chem Lab Med 2017;55:e47–50.Search in Google Scholar
5. Armbruster D, Yahalom D, Lennartz L, Orth M. Metrological traceability of Architect amylase and alkaline phosphatase assays to IFCC reference methods. Clin Chem 2015;61: S208–9.Search in Google Scholar
6. Panteghini M. Implementation of standardization in clinical practice: not always an easy task. Clin Chem Lab Med 2012;50:1237–41.Search in Google Scholar
7. Braga F, Panteghini M. Verification of in vitro medical diagnostics (IVD) metrological traceability: responsibilities and strategies. Clin Chim Acta 2014;432:55–61.Search in Google Scholar
8. Miller WG, Jones GR, Horowitz GL, Weykamp C. Proficiency testing/external quality assessment: current challenges and future directions. Clin Chem 2011;57:1670–80.Search in Google Scholar
9. Braga F, Infusino I, Panteghini M. Role and responsibilities of laboratory medicine specialists in the verification of metrological traceability of in vitro medical diagnostics. J Med Biochem 2015;34:282–7.Search in Google Scholar
10. Ceriotti F, Panteghini M, Guerra E, Leoncini R, Cevenini G. Traceable reference intervals for alkaline phosphatase in serum of pediatrics. Biochim Clin 2017;41:166–74.Search in Google Scholar
©2018 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston