Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organization(s) played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
1. Ahmed SF, Achermann JC, Arlt W, Balen A, Conway G, Edwards Z, et al. Society for Endocrinology UK guidance on the initial evaluation of an infant or an adolescent with a suspected disorder of sex development (Revised 2015). Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 2016;84:771–88.Search in Google Scholar
2. Groenestege WM, Bui HN, ten Kate J, Menheere PP, Oosterhuis WP, Vader HL, et al. Accuracy of first and second generation testosterone assays and improvement through sample extraction. Clin Chem 2012;58:1154–6.Search in Google Scholar
3. Fuqua JS, Sher ES, Migeon CJ, Berkovitz GD. Assay of plasma testosterone during the first six months of life: importance of chromatographic purification of steroids. Clin Chem 1995; 41:1146–9.Search in Google Scholar
4. Tomlinson C, Macintyre H, Dorrian CA, Ahmed SF, Wallace AM. Testosterone measurements in early infancy. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 2004;89:F558–9.Search in Google Scholar
5. Kulle A, Krone N, Holterhus PM, Schuler G, Greaves RF, Juul A, et al. Steroid hormone analysis in diagnosis and treatment of DSD: position paper of EU COST Action BM 1303 ‘DSDnet’. Eur J Endocrinol 2017;176:P1–9.Search in Google Scholar
6. Bui HN, Sluss PM, Blincko S, Knol DL, Blankenstein MA, Heijboer AC. Dynamics of serum testosterone during the menstrual cycle evaluated by daily measurements with an ID-LC-MS/MS method and a 2nd generation automated immunoassay. Steroids 2013;78:96–101.Search in Google Scholar
7. Owen WE, Rawlins ML, Roberts WL. Selected performance characteristics of the Roche Elecsys testosterone II assay on the Modular analytics E 170 analyzer. Clin Chim Acta 2010;411:1073–9.Search in Google Scholar
8. du Toit T, Bloem LM, Quanson JL, Ehlers R, Serafin AM, Swart AC. Profiling adrenal 11beta-hydroxyandrostenedione metabolites in prostate cancer cells, tissue and plasma: UPC2-MS/MS quantification of 11beta-hydroxytestosterone, 11keto-testosterone and 11keto-dihydrotestosterone. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 2017;166:54–67.Search in Google Scholar
9. Winter JS, Hughes IA, Reyes FI, Faiman C. Pituitary-gonadal relations in infancy: 2. Patterns of serum gonadal steroid concentrations in man from birth to two years of age. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1976;42:679–86.Search in Google Scholar
10. Forest MG, Sizonenko PC, Cathiard AM, Bertrand J. Hypophyso-gonadal function in humans during the first year of life. 1. Evidence for testicular activity in early infancy. J Clin Invest 1974;53:819–28.Search in Google Scholar
Previous presentations: Dutch Endocrine Meeting 2017.
©2018 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston