We thank the collaborating members of the Executive Committee of ICAP for reading this manuscript and giving their input. These members in addition to the authors, were as follows: Orlando Gabriel Carballo, Argentina; Paulo Luiz Carvalho Francescantonio, Brazil; Ignacio Garcia-De La Torre, Mexico; Tsuneyo Mimori, Japan.
Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organization(s) played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
1. Chan EK, Damoiseaux J, Carballo OG, Conrad K, de Melo Cruvinel W, Francescantonio PL, et al. Report of the First International Consensus on Standardized Nomenclature of Antinuclear Antibody HEp-2 Cell Patterns 2014–2015. Front Immunol 2015;6:412.10.3389/fimmu.2015.00412Search in Google Scholar PubMed PubMed Central
2. Damoiseaux J, von Mühlen CA, Garcia-De La Torre I, Carballo OG, de Melo Cruvinel W, Francescantonio PL, et al. International Consensus on ANA Patterns (ICAP): the bumpy road towards a consensus on reporting ANA results. Auto Immun Highlights 2016;7:1.10.1007/s13317-016-0075-0Search in Google Scholar PubMed PubMed Central
3. Chan EK, Damoiseaux J, de Melo Cruvinel W, Carballo OG, Conrad K, Francescantonio PL, et al. Report on the Second International Consensus on ana Pattern (ICAP) Workshop in Dresden 2015. Lupus 2016;25:797–804.10.1177/0961203316640920Search in Google Scholar PubMed
4. Agmon-Levin N, Damoiseaux J, Kallenberg C, Sack U, Witte T, Herold M, et al. International recommendations for the assessment of autoantibodies to cellular antigens referred to as anti-nuclear antibodies. Ann Rheum Dis 2014;73:17–23.10.1136/annrheumdis-2013-203863Search in Google Scholar PubMed
5. Yaniv G, Twig G, Shor DB, Furer A, Sherer Y, Mozes O, et al. A volcanic explosion of autoantibodies in systemic lupus erythematosus: a diversity of 180 different antibodies found in SLE patients. Autoimmun Rev 2015;14:75–9.10.1016/j.autrev.2014.10.003Search in Google Scholar PubMed
6. Muro Y, Chan EK, Landberg G, Tan EM. A cell-cycle nuclear autoantigen containing WD-40 motifs expressed mainly in S and G2 phase cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1995;207:1029–37.10.1006/bbrc.1995.1288Search in Google Scholar PubMed
8. Fritzler MJ, Kerfoot SM, Feasby TE, Zochodne DW, Westendorf JM, Dalmau JO, et al. Autoantibodies from patients with idiopathic ataxia bind to M-phase phosphoprotein-1 (MPP1). J Investig Med 2000;48:28–39.Search in Google Scholar
©2018 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston